tinted windows

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by MTLGTS08, Oct 29, 2007.

1. MTLGTS08

MTLGTS08 Member

I'm new around here from Montreal Canada
    I got my GTS 3 weeks ago white one ... just got my windows done.
    I'm like a 10 years old kid with a new toy
    I'm so freaking out cause my driver windows is scratched. I let it dry for 4 days .. but when I opened it f... ing lines form up to bottom
    anyone with the same prob ???
    I have a pic .. could some one tel me how to put a pic ?

2. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

juat sounds like it was not put on right.

3. MTLGTS08

MTLGTS08 Member

I dont know man .. I,m going back to the tint shop this week end

4. MTLGTS08

MTLGTS08 Member

5. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

Yeah, or purchase it from their ebay store, it's cheaper and the same store. Mitsubishi was cheap enough to not install felt onto the inner window sills so the tints get scratched bad. Go back to your shop, they should redo it for you; lifetime warranty on cracks, bubbles, scratches, etc. right?

seller: setecsolutions

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

7. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

i know, i should've done the whole tintprotector thing coz my windows are scratched up, the place that I got it done is willing to redo it, but I figured that it's gonna get scratched up anyway so when I get it redone I'll do the whole tintprotector thing

8. stefanBounket

stefanBounket Member

when i asked mitsu about tinting windows when i went to buy one. they said they dont do it yet because when the tint is put on it scratches the dual layered window so if you got it done at just some random tinting place without a bit of extra knowledge regarding the lancer's window design... that could be the problem...

mitsu also told me they are working on a non-scratch tint and will be out soon. (that was back in late september when i was still car shoppin though)

9. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that but with the felt you be ok

10. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

I got the same problem too. After few days of having my car, it had scratches on the tint. But luckily, since it's the dealership that did my tints, I get a 1-year warranty. I contacted my dealer and said that they would be willing to change the whole tint, and can apply tintprotection for free.

11. FlyingFrenchman

FlyingFrenchman Active Member

Hey, I'm from Montreal's south shore. I got a black 08 GTS. Just saw a white GTS with tinted windows this morning on the corner of Simard and Highway 15/132. Was it you?
    Welcome to the forum.