Thoughts after 4 months of ownership.....

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by behrman, Apr 29, 2008.

1. behrman

behrman Member

Likes: Love the styling, love the handling, brakes are awesome. Stereo rocks.....Navi is great....best mpg is 33.5 on long trip without air conditioning and cruise set at 70.....love ripping music to harddrive.

Mediocre: trunk, acceleration.

Dislike: bluetooth loses connection once a week.....very noise engine (tappping and rattling) during idle.....once in a while i hear a sound like a power steering pump whining at city speeds.

With all that being said....i really like my car. Love to stares i get.....only one in town.

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

*scratches bluetooth off list*

3. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

My blue tooth is fine, don't know why you guys are going bad.

Thanks for the heads up that you like everything :) Now, tell that to Mitsu and see what they say.

4. Slickghost

Slickghost Well-Known Member

My bluetooth has issues as well but other then that, the only issue that I have is that there is a lot of road noise. Otherwise the acceleration is ok but not great but thats what I get for buying the GTS and not the RALIART or the EVO.

5. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

One more thing...that doesn't sound normal...I can't recall having that problem

I know the car has a tapping when you put the key in and turn it a little, but I think someone on here said that was normal. Not sure why though...

6. Lancerlot

Lancerlot Well-Known Member

No bluetooth issues for me at all, and owned it since June 1/07

7. behrman

behrman Member

i have an appointment this weekend at a dealer for an oil change and will mention the bluetooth issue's and the noise.....honestly, my engine even when warm is very noisy at idle...at first i thought i was due to the timing chain rattling...but last night went out and listened and its coming from up top.....sometimes it almost sounds like a diesel at idle. I knew going in that the acceleration wasnt the best in the world, but i have to say...sometimes especially when the rpms are already up around 3-4000 it can seem very quick. Glad to hear that not everyones bluetooth acts up.....we will see what they say. I know some guys have had starting issues and pulling to the right....gladly i have been spared those problems.

8. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

I've had my car for almost a year now, and the one thing I have a major gripe about are the DRL's...I want them shut off!! Pulled the fuse, then I find out they're still hooked up to the E-brake too. Such a pain.

Other than that though, I do love my car.

9. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

I had issues with the bluetooth at first, too, but it works great for me now. I'd say it connects 95% of the time, and when it doesn't you just shut he car off and restart.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you turn the key but don't crank the car immediately, you'll connect when the radio comes on, but then you'll lose the connection once you crank and the radio momentarily loses power. Best thing is to turn the key and crank the car all in one move.

Over all, I'm happy with my car. My only gripes are:

(1) Should probably have gone with the GTS instead of the ES.
    (2) Noisy auto transmission. Should have bought a manual.

10. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

two things the
    1. the rattling was pissing me off took it to mitsu they said they didnt know...took it to a freinds shop we ripped it all aparted tested it all...result its the cylanoid....its just how its built.

2. whats the isue with the drls??? i dont understand why people dont like them or maybe i dont understand what they are?

11. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

I don't like having lights on all day when I don't need them. Plus, when I have to spy on my sister, she won't know I'm there as I'll shift into "stealth mode"

12. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

mine sounds like a= a deisl to sometimes anyone no about that

13. westcoast

westcoast Well-Known Member

Dislike:
    -Microwave like numbers/lettering on dash and gets hard to see in sunlight
    -DRL

14. CorzyPhoto

CorzyPhoto Member

As long as you don't have a black tooth, I think you are set...

Anyawys... I'm probably getting a new 09 GTS Lancer within the next couple days... Just waiting on a few things to clear and this is good news that you all are happy with it.

15. BiG_YeLlOw

BiG_YeLlOw Well-Known Member

guys, the noise of the engine are the injectors doing their job....

change the regular spark plugs that comes with the car and put bosh platinium +4 and the noise will be less...
    and the power will enhance...

16. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i would not recommend Bosch at all. they run too hot.and +4 plugs are way too much for a motor like ours or anything else.the older people that work at autozone that actually know about the plugs dont recommend those at all.Denso or NGK are good enough,Pulsestar as well.

for example-i had an msd ignition in my old honda civic with bosch plugs.you know how they have the clear dis. cap,everytime itd spark,the spark was BLUE.whats the hottest part of a fire?blue.then i switched over to the NGKs.the spark went back to a yellow color.so i knew it wasnt running too hot and wouldnt fry my pistons.

17. Slickghost

Slickghost Well-Known Member

WORD!!