the stock 2.0l vs. evo 2.0l

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by NamorA, Dec 9, 2008.

1. NamorA

NamorA Member

ok is this the same engine but a turbo among other mods?

i just wanna know that i can get 300hp outa this thing because im going to wanna slap myself if im being told i made a bad buy

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

this might burst ur bubble but i think with a turbo u can get like over 200 but the evo has a twin-turbo right?.. maybe with that and a few other mods u can get it up to 300... but with all that trouble shouldve just bought an evo... evo already comes with all the body kits and accesories...

3. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

evo has a twin scroll turbo i do belive not a twin turbo, also the internals a stronger in the evo, i think ours could hold 8 maybe ten as the evo can hold 21 psi, and not even break a sweat

4. lancertrips

lancertrips Well-Known Member

I think the cylinder head is different along with ignition but the intake definetly is and internals are also stronger. It should be doable though.

5. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

300 whp is achievable but you would have to get some internals. But if you want to beat an evo you dont need exactly 300 since that is to the flywheel, I am not sure how many horses its putting dont to the tires. We dont have the awd drivetrain that make the evo heavier either, but that would hurt us to catch traction. A fwd car with 260 wheel horses and some good set of tires if you launch right should be able to beat an stock Evo. We probably wouldnt need that many, it just depends on how many horses the Evo loses.

6. NamorA

NamorA Member

alright sweet thanks guys

do you think it would be possible to fit a evo engine?

or would it be cheaper to upgrade all the parts?

7. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Yeah I also wondered if are transmission bolted up to that engine, the Evo is awd so I dont think its tranny would work with our cars unless there is some way to block of where the rear axle would go. If our trannys bolt up and they withstand the power difference that would be sweet, you would need an ECU and probably a different exhaust, other than that I dont know, it may have already been discussed in a different thread but I dont know.

8. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

can we us the stock evo cams and put it into our cars? i mean they're both 4b11 right?

9. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

might wanna slap yourself if you had the $ to buy an evo, unless you or someone you know is a skilled mechanic then doing all those upgrades will make your car unreliable.

i know i wanna slap myself; stupid impulse buy

10. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

it´s funny!
    Everyone how has the Lancer, is thinking about to do something with the engine or to change the engine with the one of the EVO/RA!
    I think Mitsubishi had done something wrong with this car/engine!

11. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Na, they provided us with a cheap car that looks good. I personally couldnt afford the Evo or RA when I first went to get my car. More horses and torque would have been nice, but I got what I expected for what I paid.

12. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Definitely need stronger internals and a great tune if you want to boost the na 4b11. If you are going to do all this, it would be alot cheaper just to get the RA or the X. You all have to face it, the na 4b11 is just a grocery getter and not even close to RA or X in performance wise.

13. ULIKEIT

ULIKEIT Member

I dunno.... I talked to the guy at rrm... and from the words of the mitsu guys they were all butt hurt because the lancer(o9gts) =\ I have an o8 anyway was faster then the rallyart and still cheaper with all the mods rrm has on there lancer. now granted its not awd...hehehe but other then that it seems to be alot you can do with this car. So dont lose heart people ^_^ we will be smashing on people in no time :D :D :D