Tein S-Techs + Heavy luggage

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by YoshiBishi, Jul 15, 2010.

1. YoshiBishi

YoshiBishi Member

Okay, serious question here.

So I bought a set of Tein S-Techs about a month ago, and got quoted $400 for install and alignment. It is a big ridiculous.. so I decided to hold off on that and find a better deal.

I had to go buy some groceries for a huge get together, and had a bunch of waters in my trunk, as well as 3 people in my car.

My car sunk like 3 inches.

My question is, if I put the Tein S-Techs on, and this same scenario occurs, will my wheel go into my fender? Or are the springs stiff enough to not sink?

Thanks.

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

The springs are a bit stiffer than stock. They drop like 1.5" in the front and 1.1" in the back I think. Im not sure what car you drive so I can't say the drop for sure. But you may need coilover instead. As those springs use the oem struts it really depends on your struts at that point. But if you do put the teins on I don't see a great problem. But that's a lot of stress on your struts to begin with. I wouldn't suggest using them on stock struts. And if you get the replacements performance ones you just spent $150 less than buying coil-overs.

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

if you live in so cal, we can put the springs on you for the price of a few pizzas and drinks...alignment is on your own. yes your car will sink and yes you will rub...either get friends who weigh less then a bill or tell them to get your own shit for the party...

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Just as Jogen said, they are stiffer than the stock springs...but there are other variables to throw in the mix. If you're running old shocks and struts, you may get a slightly lower drop. Then you actually have to think about your wheels and tires (wheel size and offset, tire width and sidewall height). My R/A would scrub in the rear if I hit a bump with my +45 offset wheels with a 235/40/18 series tire. I swapped to a 235/35/18 tire, and have yet to rub on anything...even with the car FULLY loaded. There are a lot of things to think about when you change the suspension geometry of a car.....it throws things out of whack...

5. jdmSTIG

jdmSTIG Guest

TEIN S springs:

Front: 2.1"
    Rear: 1.9"

NO problems with my car. Just saying bro. LMK if you need help.

6. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

^ i agree with this post good stuff

7. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

its not just about the drop. You also have to take into consideration the spring rates. The ones that come with megan coils are 8kilos in the front and 6 kilos in the rear where as the teins which are very similar to stock stiffness are only 5.6k in the front and 5k in the rear. Im sure those numbers are close if not right on the money.

8. jdmSTIG

jdmSTIG Guest

Eh. Yeah yeah! Lol