Tein Lowering Springs Spring Rate Correction

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by BlueBallLancer, Dec 20, 2008.

1. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Just talked to Tein to find out if the springs were progressive, dual rate blah blah.

Turns out they are progressive springs and they messed up on their website with spring rates (switched front and rear)

Front = 219 lb/in
    Rear = 157 lb/in

wish i knew about this before, ride is kinda rough...shoulda got the eibach prokit - oh well maybe aftermarket struts will help

2. Hey blueball, I know we have KYB for struts right now but theirs is to maintain OEM characteristics and comfort, but is their any other strut that has better performance than the stock ones?

3. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

talked to KYB as well, their struts are 10%-15% stiffer than oem according to them. i'm guessing stiffer struts will make the bumps more harsh but you won't bounce? not sure how it will be. Can't find the KYB struts anywhere anyway.

4. Guess we will have to special order them online or by phone call. Anyway thanks for the info 10% - 15% stiffer than stock is an improvement anyway :D

5. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

so question. i wanna get the tein s-tech lowering springs... so for them not to mess with the rest of my car i need to get those strut and shock housing or will my stock ones hold up fine? i just need an answer.. everywhere ove asked i havent been able to get a clear answer. thank u and i appreciate the help!! hopefully ill get some pics with this install soon

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would just use the stock struts for now. If they blow, then replace with the KYB. I don't really think that the KYB struts are made for large drops like the teins but they should still hold up BETTER then stocks...

7. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

perfect!.. cuz i was lookin up the prices for aftermarket strut and shock housings and the price with the lowering springs comes close to $550 to $600 and with the high of a price i would just rather save up a few more hundred and go with the megans.. but if i dont need the aftermarket struts ill just go ahead and save me some money and get them springs! thanks i appreciate the help!!