Takeda Retain Short Ram Intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Sinestra, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Popped on over to 9G early today and got a nice surprise. Looks Takeda has finished their 2.0 SRI for the lancers looks pretty good i like how the heatshield is not too flashy and it sounds pretty sick not too loud from what i could tell.

[​IMG]

Since not everyone is a member of 9G i am going to quote what Benchinapark stated. They used his car for the R&D.

Link to the video.
    http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,6567.0/topicseen.html

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I see it still essentially uses the cold air "scoop" if you will from the stock intake. Is that the stock scoop? I used to have an SRI that sat behind my battery and got no cold air whatsoever. Then, I bought a K+N SRI, and it sits right up front where my stock intake scoop used to be and gets straight cold air. Where does a CAI filter wind up on the new generations?

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

The Injen is run down through your drivers side wheel well. Iv spoken to a couple of a guys out in Cali who have these and they are loving them. You are right from what i can see it sits right where the stock scoop use to be so you are getting plenty of cold air and the heatshield utilizes the existing hardware that come with the car if you can see the location.

4. ealjla9227

ealjla9227 Member

This is the recent info I have gained with my research into intake. An SRI really will see little to a CAI no difference in the air it draws. As when In motion the vehicle is constantly drawing air from the outside anyway. there might be a minimal half a degree or so but you will not see any performance difference to a half a degree or so. There are minimal differences in performance between a CAI and an SRI really what it comes down to is preference. I for one recomend the SRI as you do not have to do any wire splicing to get the MAF to hook up. Another thing is Price and if you are in California if you want to be smog legal. With all that in mind there are alot of companys that offer good quality Intake Takeda, Fujita, AEM, K&N, Weapon-R, AFE, and probably a few more look into it thourougly as it can be the difference in a few hundred in difference between some of these brands.

5. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

there is a difference between them, like a cold air will give you more power for one, and it will also give you better gas millage, also it is more than a half a degree, short ram is sucking in air on top of your hot engine, which means it will be as hot as your engine, a cold air intake is isolated normally, like the 8th gen is under the side pannel or something, and the 7th gen is in front of the driver wheel, it sucks up air from out side, which is a lot cooler than your engine any day of the week, the only time a short ram is better is for colder civics, because they give more horse power, other than that if you want more power spend the extra 50 to 100 dollers for the cold air

6. hookinLancer

hookinLancer Member

A short ram will give you more power then a cold air any day if a short ram has a ram air scoop built in.
    It would give you the quick throttle response off the line just as any short ram would do over a cold air(bogging every launch).
    Ive had both a cold air and a short ram on my lancer and ive been most happy with the short ram i have from takeda. The intake design is the best ive seen so far with the box using the ram scoop and also is most apealing in my opinion. i dont even know why people get the v2 intake with that sorry "heat shield". Ive felt the same if not better acceleration from the takeda short ram then my existing boggy cold air intake i had. thank u takeda for making something good :thumbright: :bounce: