suspension issues....

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by 08mitz, Aug 23, 2007.

1. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

its has been noted on evolutionm that there is a known suspension prob with some of the lancers.... read it and see if it applies to you... unfortunately it does for me...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=290036

i have taken mine in twice for this prob but not enough cars have shown an evident enough prob... but it is being closely watched by mitsu.

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Good info, hasnt happen to me yet.

3. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

In my opinion, I think the suspension is screwed on some and some are not effected. If you see my post about my Lancer pulling left.....they don't have a fix and the alignment is set up correctly. Tires were rotated, wear was measured on them, you name it, they did it. I'm beginning to wonder if the suspension is playing a part into this whole thing, since you can't adjust the cambers with it.

4. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

well talked to the dealership... they said that they will contact their mitsu tech hotline and find out if any other cases like this have been reported... if so the service manager will warranty it.... but on the down side i get my hid's in today..well later today... and i have to turn my car in to the dealership on monday... i dont get it back till late wed. 3 days of rental car madness!!! yay! will post back when i get it fixed and what they said/....

5. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

Let me say that seems to be the answer they have, call the tech line and address it. Trust me, the answer isn't there......I'm still waiting for one after three times in the shop. Its just a new car, and they got alot of bugs with it. So they need to fix them and replace the ones that are bad......like mine.

6. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

got the car back ... they told be that i was crazy... exact words of the tech. ... that they couldn't replicate the sound. they said that my front bumper was missing like 6 screws and loose like hell but they wouldnt fix the squeaking noise... i went home and i could here it again. so im at a loss.... i guess just buy lowering springs and see if that helps?

7. bras_33

I would write or email mitsu and tell them what happened. That is unprofessional as hell!!! If he said that to me, it would be like fight club (as someone mentioned it on here somewhere) and then I would talk about his moms!

I have written many emails for things like that and have recieved great responses and actions to those that were involved.

8. RacerX

RacerX New Member

Well guys, Im new here, but i do have information on the pulling left issue...I went in today and talked to my dealer about it, and his exact reply was that the GTS came with the wrong alignment set from the factory...and one of the service mechanics also said that he has personally fixed 2 of them before me...so next tuesday it goes in to see if it really works or not. Little do they know that i am not stupid to this fix...i work at MMNA in the quality control dept for 17 yrs. and actually do the alignments on regular production vehicals...Eclipse, Galant, and Endevor...all kick-ass products!

9. bras_33

^As you stated, so ALL Lancers from the factory have the wrong suspension set up from there bcuz most of the guys here have that issue as well the guys on the other forums. There should be a recall on this issue. Thanks for the info, btw.

10. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

well i took ur advice and contacted mitsu and got a very positive result... the guy got fired... but as far as the squeaking noise they said it was the brakes... it only makes the noise when my ebrake is on... idk what the deal is they said that they will get back to me on that.... and havent heard anything so far...

11. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

suspension

I myself have not noticed that issue and i just came back from the 101 and look Ma no hands. I didnt get any unusal drift. I dont want to bash the GTS but it seems to me all the issues seem to be coming from that model has anyone else noticed this? I will be talking to bengi today and jamie these guys if there is an issue should let me know they are really good guys and want satisfied customers. Also they are the only Mitsu dealer in Nova Scotia so its important that they stay up to date. I will say though the service department could use a bit of refining. Also the only time i had any noise or vibration was after washing the car and backing it out she scared the crap out of me when i braked. Wet brakes lol i just had not felt it on the new girl. But if i can get any news guys I.ll let you know. They also like me so much because I always bring them back nnice gold from the United Arab Emarites when i sail. LOL bribery ya got to love it heheh

12. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

well in reply to who said something about the alignment. thats not the fix, all three times my car has been in, its been adjusted as far as the alignment goes and nothing was fixed. currently they have a field engineer involved with another one like mine having the same issue trying to resolve the issue. as far as I'm concerned, not only is this a safety issue with not knowing what is going on, but this will also cause additional wear and tear on the vehicle. I am pretty high up within corporate at this point working on them buying back the vehicle.......they have no fix right now (and that is the exact comment from Mitsubishi), therefore, they can take it back.

13. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Damn

Sorry to hear that Rocktight. That issue i read on hear just seems to be from GTS guys. Also bengi was hearing the same thing from Mitsu. I wondering if the rigidness of the frame may ne the problem. Any slight misalignment or bend would cause it i think. But that is sad that this issue was not detected during trials. Anyway again good luck with the situation. We all wish you the best luck.

14. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

just an update: i brought my car today to the dealership because it pulls to left, but before i brought it in i check the the height of my car and my left front is somewhat lower.

15. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

For what models?

16. vik2rius

I have a GTS and according to this forum GTS are most likely to have the problem.

I'll let you guys know what the dealer has to say about it when I get my car back.

17. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Haven't had a problem yet and I drive a GTS.

18. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

I have a GTS an I have this problem :( im going to the dealer on saturday to see what they can do about it. Will post more info

19. topher

topher Well-Known Member

PLEASE! let us know.. cause mine does this as well!! wonder what the dealer will do for it!

20. vik2rius

got word from the dealer...they told me to get 4 new tires before they can fix the problem...kind a B.S. to me cuz Ive got to new ones on the front and they told me its not enough...