supercharger for lancer 2008

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by evo_x_gts, Nov 21, 2007.

1. evo_x_gts

evo_x_gts Member

hello guys ,
    i just receive an email from work parts...SUPERCHARGER!!!!!

here:

the reply.There is one in the works that should be ready some time early next year....

2. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Interesting.

I dont know though.. I think Id rather have a turbo instead. True a supercharger has no lag at all, but it also takes some of your engines hp to crank it, where as the turbo is "free energy" :p

3. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

If you properly match the turbo to the motor and application you can actually not have any lag at all....

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Sweet.

5. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

I'm in!

6. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

At this point any performance rated mod would help in the mean time

7. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

any update? and who is work parts?

8. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

9. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

supercharger on a 4cyl = failure

a turbo would be much better, save your pennies for that

10. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

have you ever driven a supercharged cobalt SS? they are quick as hell too bad they are just as ugly

11. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

anyone who wants a supercharger is putting that thing right in the very front of the car. You kiss the rear-end of a car you could damage the S/C

The turbo's in the back. Nice and safe where it should be

12. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

who knows what if there was one turboed in an accident head on.crush that motor right into the firewall along with the turbo

13. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lol captain take-me-literally. you're right.

14. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

The lesson to all of this?

Dont crash.

15. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

not literally just pointing out facts on both sides no matter what we prefer.we just got to be careful.remember you brought it up

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Supercharger still puts more stress on the engine than a turbo would. By the time i could afford it, im sure there will be nice kits available for each application. hoping anyways..haha

17. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

Hello,

Hey, who said there will be a supercharger? Are you talking about WORKS? Who is work parts? I asked WORKS and they said they have a turbo project utilizing OEM Evo X parts. More specifics other than just spreading rumors would be nice.

18. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1

19. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Actually a supercharger puts less stress on a motor then a turbocharger does. Expecially easier on the trannies. Might be the way to go for the owners with the CVT. Power is continues through out the power band....

20. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

but i was under the assumption (mostly from reading magazines) that with superchargers using Pulley-systems to run intself (as opposed to the exhaust-gas-propelled Turbo) the s/c is using the engine to get it going. Where as the Turbo isnt