Strut Bar

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by papi2dmamis, Mar 23, 2009.

1. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

1. I want to purchase a set of strut bars for my Lancer, front and rear, unless I miss something I only know of the one from RRM and the factory one from a GTS. I need info on any other aftermarket strut bars and quality of those.
    2. Sway bars, I need any opinion on them compare with the one our cars come with, so far Progress and Works got them.

:drunken: :drunken:

2. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

well david anything for a evo x would fit the front i dont know about the rear. also try emailing rick chong at rickchong2888@hotmail.com from singapore he handles orders for voxmotorports.com also try japanparts.com

3. papi2dmamis

Can I go with the Progress or the Works?, I could use any opinions about these 2. :drunken: :drunken:

4. moacsupreme

moacsupreme Member

i also would like to know any differences. is one any better than the other? i know works is a better brand but RRM sells the progress one and i like RRM...

5. papi2dmamis

I found another front strut bar at Speedcorps, it's from Megan racing and it sells at $59.00, made of aluminum. Something tells me that this bar ain't that great. :drunken: :drunken:

6. I Am God

I Am God Active Member

the megan is crap cuz its pieces of metal screwed together..garbage..u want 1 solid piece..the rrm front strut is your best option right now..as for other strut bars front/rear...there is a company in australia that specifically focuses on suspension...they got some nice parts for the lancer..outdoes RRM's suspension package for the rear strut they have 2 bars goin instead of 1..their front strust is a straight bar across..doesnt utilize the 3rd contact point..which from what ive heard really has no purpose ..it doesnt help at all with the strut...also they got the front underbrace, the truss bars..and other truss *?* bars..ones that RRM doesnt make..also a 4 point rear sway...i dont know if theyll ship to US and their prices are in AUD. if u wanna stay with US companies..works rear sway bar is better than Progress' because its one forged piece while the Progress has the 2 welded on pieces where u bolt it up to ur car...

finally found the link after 30 minutes of searching on the WRONG forum :evil: http://www.ultraracingaustralia.com/page16.htm ***dont click on the image or the browser goes black and doesnt really do nething...right click and open in new window/tab***

id also like to hear your guys' opinion of their designs..is it overkill? is it worth it? etc. etc.

7. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

The best way is to build your own Bars?
    It´s easy.
    I made my front strut bar on my own.
    You just need 2 3mm thick metal plates and a 3/4" pipe, think a 1/2" pipe would be enough.
    But I haven´t one so i took the 3/4".

Haven´t installed the finished version, because I´ll lower my ride and the I put it in.

8. I Am God

I Am God Active Member

loool we dont all have welding equipment..but definitely a good idea..im sure some shop could throw that together for waaay cheap, yet i dont think the others ones are as simple to make..

9. mpirklbauer

as it looks on the pics, they are just welded pipe pices.
    so I don´t think it do hard.
    I hardest thing is to weld it together and it won´t get slanted

10. I Am God

I Am God Active Member

can u clear up that last sentence? im confused...the only reason i say itd be difficult is cuz of the angles and the lengths *unknown*...

11. mpirklbauer

if you weld parts together, you have to weld on one side and the on the opposite side.
    if you just weld in on round, it will get slant.

That is what I mean.
    Maybe I can send you the drawings of my strut bar, so you can give it to a metal shop.
    I think it won´t be so expensive, much cheaper than the RRM one.
    Maybe I can post some pics tomorrow.

12. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

13. mpirklbauer

Here is a pic of my front strut bar.
    It´s just grounded, I´ve painted it red put haven´t installed it, because I´ll wait till my ride is lowered.

[​IMG]

But I made a test drive and it´s absolute notice able.
    Much better steering response and higher speed in corners.

14. vmo91

vmo91 Well-Known Member

i wannt rrm one it looks aesomee but who knows perfomance

15. papi2dmamis

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going with the RRM front strut bar. I'm looking now at the rear sway bar from Works along with the springs.

16. I Am God

I Am God Active Member

u can still utlize works' rear sway without havign to get their springs jus to let ya know...but mpirklbauer..i dont see how ur strut bar is any better than the gts stock one..almost look exactly the same..as far as rrm's, its alot better than stock performance wise and the only thing i believe would be better is that aussie one..

17. mpirklbauer

Why do you think the RRM is so much better than the Stock one?
    I bet there is no noticeable difference.
    Why my bar is better than the RRM one, it only cost me time to cut and weld it and not 160$.
    So for me it´s good enough.

18. I Am God

I Am God Active Member

the design is better, and based on reviews from people who have it, goin from gts stock to rrm, there is a noticeable difference

mod to ur own needs, all im sayin is if ur in the market for the best and u got the money

19. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

20. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

i was going to post this. they have good feed back from AUS users, they also have more then any other company. im sure they will ship to the US and if im not mistaken i asked the owner a while ago and he said if you order several peices from them he would be able to work on pricing like as a set and get a little discount maybe.