stick out exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BrenNZach, Jul 5, 2008.

1. BrenNZach

BrenNZach Member

I was talking to a guy that can do a custom exhaust for me. He said the axelback would stick out the back a little bit because there is not enough room, he said the catback would be fine. Has anyone else had this "problem"? If so post pics plz.

2. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

That guy that was talking to you maybe full of it, I got a Tsudo axelback and is not sticking at all.

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

right any exhaust right now cant stick out unless its a custom built one.mine was custom and i made it stick out.

4. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

dude notice the guy told you *custom exhaust* he is most likely telling you that the exleback will stick out to see if you incline more for the catback...the catback is more expensive, therefor more $$ for him...it all depends on whether you want it to stick out or not

5. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

plus if you do go with the catback,its only going to be alot louder.your just removing the reosnators,that only help muffle the sound,not the flow.i just had a AB and it was loud enough.and you could actually be hurting yourself goin catback with too big of pipeing,2 1/4 i think is big enough.

6. lordayne

lordayne Well-Known Member

Mine sticks out the back an inch or two, but that is just the actual stainless tip added for looks. I also have a custom cat back. The entire muffler is hidden, my muffler tip is probably a total of 8 inches long. Lol, not what it sounds like, anyway, I will get some pics when I am able to.