STEERING STIFFNESS? and stuttering rpms

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by ALIASGX, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ALIASGX

ALIASGX Member

This being my first front wheel drive car......im not sure if this is a problem or normal. whenever i accelerate my car while im making a turn...say like to turn quickly onto a street, my steering wheel feels stiff and if a try to straighten my car out...i end up looking like an idiot because it finally catches...and loosens up... and i look like im swerving from lane to lane?

09 lancer gts CVT

also, at low rpms let say between 2000-2800, when im just driving thru my complex at about 15mph...i get this very very suttle feeling like the car is stuttering to climb the rmps....so wierd after that it's fine.....anyone experience dat before????

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

torque steering!!!!! notorious for peg leg fwd vehicles

3. ALIASGX

ALIASGX Member

oh ok....i figured that was it but i just got the car not even 2 months ago...i was hopping it wasn't f***** up from the dealer or maybe something i did....im at ease now....what about the other stuff if anyone knows.....cause if it's a problem with the car i rather take it back to the dealer before it becomes more of a problem and they think it's my fault and not want to fix it or replace it..u know!

4. bras_33

and also cheap asss motor mounts, but that is expected from a non sports car fwd

5. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

yeah, its just the fwd. Takes some getting used to. Sometimes accelerating through the turns feels good, i guess just depends on the turn and speed, and other times it just feels wrong. Stiff and jumpy I guess. The more you drive it harder, the easier it is to predict how to handle the steering wheel and throttle for the turn you are taking.

6. ALIASGX

ALIASGX Member

thanks you guys!

7. bras_33

No problem, this is what I do-TheGoderator :D

8. adam710

adam710 Member

Yo Alias. I had that "SUTTLE" feeling around 2 RPMS and it was the RRM SRI intake I had installed then I took it off by to stock drop filter. ANd it was faster than when I bought it new and even faster when I put in the K&N Drop Filter. I guess the ECU was re-programming itself with different airflow flowing through the ECU brain. I dont know, I am not a car expert but I know my car is even faster wit the K&N drop filter. BTW, I have an 09 GTS

9. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

I've heard this before... But for an 08. Wonder if its true.

10. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Mine also started the 2000 rpm stutter with thr sri v2. Its a little annoying but I don't mind.

11. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Only one real way to find out if you gained any kind of HP and that is take the car to the dyno before the part is installed and then after and you will see your gain...

My butt dyno likes to add fifty bagillion hp's but I still drive a slow as Galant lol...