steering noise

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by JAD, Sep 1, 2007.

1. JAD

JAD Member

I have some sort of rattle coming from the steering, If I shake the wheel. I also hear it sometimes going over bumps, anyone having this issue? I took it in and they said it wasnormal even tho they couldn't reprodue they noise. I doesnt seem to happen all the time.

2. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

not a problem for me ...

3. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Sounds very similar to something I occasionally get in my 01' VW Jetta. If it is a popping sound and only happens on one side, it may be the rubber groumet they use as a noise dampener in the suspension. Those things depending on driver style and weather condition (i.e. very hot or very cold) can wear out the rubber quicker. When the sound dampening wears out, you hear the creak and pops from the springs and suspension. Then again, some of the Lancers have been having a bit of a suspension issue in general...

Bill

4. JAD

JAD Member

yeah it only seems to be the drivers side. I had the same issue with my cobalt, it ended up being the steering column on the cobalt. Maybe its the se issue on the Lancer. Hopefully the noise will stick around so they can hear it.