Sprint Booster?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by mpirklbauer, Apr 28, 2009.

1. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I read an article bout those in either Modified mag or Import Tuner. Seems like a good idea for the "drive by wire" cars, but personally, not worth it to me. I think someone here bought one...can't remember who though. Just do a search for it on our site.

3. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

it really depends on you, if thats what you're looking for to try and go as fast as you with a more responsive push, then sure, if not than no.

4. lancer0220

lancer0220 Well-Known Member

dont bother with it, theres a huge debate about it on evom, not really a debate.

put it this way the manufacturer of sprint booster clearly states on their site

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT INCREASE PERFORMANCE
    THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT IMPROVE 0-60 TIMES
    THIS PRODUCT DOES MAKE YOUR CAR FEEL FASTER.

something like that is directly on their website.

5. lancer0220

lancer0220 Well-Known Member

found it on their site

• Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.

• Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

• Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.

• Sprint Booster is not for everyone.

pretty much its an amplifier that amplifies the signal of the accelerator , so it gets there quicker, basically if you can mash on the gas (floor it) then you got yourself a free sprint booster. otherwise what its gonna do is you will have the pedal 50% pushed down but it will FEEL like its being floored....

6. johntango

johntango Active Member

I have one on my 09 Lancer GTS 5spd - Just bought it 3 weeks ago. I had the money to spare so I bought it locally, if you don't like it simply return it 30 days money back guarantee. Took the leap of faith. Never took it off ever since. I am not going to convince you. I know how to mash a pedal faster than you can say go, but having sprint booster --hehehe.. if your local performance store has it go for it you can give it back w/in 30 days, if not and you don't feel like taking the leap, then don't just keep mashing your pedal. Honestly? My car doesn't feel faster, I know all about this placebo effect or my mind tricking me or make believe. I am not numb, I know the difference between my left and right. So its really up to you, you be the judge coz to experience this thing in action is different from someone telling you so. You can listen to what everything is saying -or go find out yourself.

7. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

If it would be so easy!
    I´m from Austria and the only things for the Lancer are the OEM parts Mitsubish offers.
    So I cant buy a sprint booster and give it back if I don´t feel any difference.
    But I think I´ll store the money for the RRM Turbo.