Spectre CAI

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by beard_irish, Nov 17, 2009.

1. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

i was wondering is the spectre build you own CAI kit worth it, i was palling on using it to build the piping, but add a HKS or INJEN filter,
    any ideas?
    thanks

2. oshusttoley

oshusttoley Well-Known Member

i saw just buy the CAI made from Injen. i have it and its great and makes great sound. im sure they kno whwat they doing haha.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Im actually running a spectre filter and couplers with K&N 3" piping. I think it has a nice sound to it....it almost sounds like spool-up when im accelerating.

4. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

Is there no CEL issues with these? If these don't, then why was RRM's v1 intakes throwing a CEL? Tube diameter, distance of MAF sensor....etc.

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I havent had a single CEL issue. I have 3 inch piping with the MAF adapter right behind the filter (i have a sri though). I'll see if i can pit a pic here for you to see my setup...

6. ballmonk23

ballmonk23 Well-Known Member

i made one with all spectre set for my 08 lancer. 1 the mas air didnt fit right at first so i had to buy an off brand piece to fit it. then 2 after i got that part and installed it i was overheating after a short dist. 3 running at 5k to 6k rpm at 30 mph. 4 stopping at a red light the car would cut off. so i just went out and got the injen one. just buy it and save urself the issues. and long run save the money.