some new shoes... better than the old ones?

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by dizzle, Jun 4, 2009.

1. dizzle

dizzle Well-Known Member

just got some new wheels for my lancer and i'm not sure which look i like better. are the new ones better?

the new ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the old ones:

[​IMG]

2. MontrealGTS

MontrealGTS Well-Known Member

new ones hands down

3. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I like the new ones.. but the silver lip is a taaaad to big. But yes the new ones are better.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

diggin the older ones, I think your new rims belong on s14 and 240sx and also not really feeling the chrome/silver section where the lugs are

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I like the older ones more, only because of what bras pointed out. Maybe if the middle chrome part wasn't there, it would be a little better. I also like the new ones though, because it's kinda going towards the black-out look. But, for me, older ones.

6. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

definately new. gotta love the black on black gts!

7. 1slowlance

I'm digging that Astro in the driveway. Slap those black rims on that thing. YEAH!!!!

8. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

lmao! is that your al qaeda kidnapping van?

9. dizzle

dizzle Well-Known Member

lol... now i'm wondering if they would actually fit. seriously, best comment i have ever read on this forum.

10. 1slowlance

Lol. Thanks. But both rims look nice. Really up to you which ones you like better.

11. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

That's a Safari, not an Astro...but... close enough ;)

12. 1slowlance

Couldn't tell if it was the GMC or the Chevy, so I just guessed. My family used to have a Safari. That thing was awesome!

13. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

i like the black ones. except for the center part. The old ones would be nicer if they were black w/ silver lip.

14. JDMFanatik

JDMFanatik Well-Known Member

i like the older ones better. what size wheels were both of them?

15. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

new ones ftmfw

16. dizzle

dizzle Well-Known Member

the more i look at them, the more they remind me of the wheels from the old police cruisers... straight black with just a crome centrecap. i'm starting to really like it now

17. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

yeah they look great. Id rock those in a heartbeat.

18. dizzle

dizzle Well-Known Member

the old wheels were 17" with 215/45zr17 tires... the new ones are 18" with 225/45zr18. by the way... this seems to be about as wide as you can possibly go on the car and must be a 45mm offset. the wheels in the rear are about 3mm away from the control arm and on a heavy dip you can hear them rub very slightly on the fender. lucky for me this is not a loud sounding rub and does not happen very often.

19. appleGTS

appleGTS Member

the old ones, the new ones would look better if they were all black.

20. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

the new ones easily.