small dent

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Glovestoali, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Glovestoali

Glovestoali Well-Known Member

hey guys,

i just discovered a small dent on the rear door from the stupid shopping carts at walmart and it makes me mad cuz my car is still new =/ i was wondering if you guys have any suggestion on any dent removal tools i can get. its not a big dent, probly the size of a ping pong ball. any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

they have those pop dent things... or if you know anyone with a body shop they can help ya

3. Glovestoali

hmm anything online you know off?

4. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

hmmm ive heard of ppl using a big magnet and pulling it... that might work.

5. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

you might want to search online for a product.....

6. KoolKyle

KoolKyle Member

take a picture of the dent...I had a dent on the rear door on my old 08 lancer...unfortunatly it was right on the curve, so I couldnt just pop out the dent...Also, if the dent is deep, you have the possibility of your paint chipping...If you are careful, you could always take apart the door panel and pop it out from the inside...

7. mhmayhem88

mhmayhem88 Well-Known Member

I definitely don't give people the benefit of the doubt anymore when it comes parking. It's worth the longer hike to just park away from everyone. Anyway, can you get us some pics?

8. Glovestoali

yeah ill take some pics tomorow its not that big ima try a plunger LOL

9. KoolKyle

KoolKyle Member

I dont think a plunger would have enough suction to pop it out...lol...there are tools you can buy for less than $20 to pop out dents...

10. furyschild

furyschild Member

auto body supply stores sell tools that are small but strong suction cups that can pull out some dents, might try that .