single mod

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by goof, Dec 24, 2008.

1. goof

goof Well-Known Member

What is the best single mod to add to a completly stock lancer? add the price and where to get it. also tell me if you really felt the difference. cause i want to add parts that when i do drive i can really feel the difference between the stock.

2. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a cheap single mod for the car to be faster, you are doing it wrong....

One single mod i would say lowering springs. Teins for instance... i fvcking love mine... you can get the s-techs for $210 shipped HERE

3. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

You would definitely feel the difference with a TWM Short Shifter, that's always the one mod as far as driver experience I appreciate. They're like $150 all over the internet, just google it.

4. goof

goof Well-Known Member

i have a cvt! dont hate them didnt have any manual left at the dealer. but yea ektor your car is sick, makes me feel like sh*t that i didnt get black, but i love my white. but yea i wsa thinking about the s techs they look good. did u put them in your self? and if u have how was that?

5. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Extremely easy... 3 hours labor max by yourself...

6. goof

goof Well-Known Member

thanks alot im thinking about getting them. when i get em ill def come to you for help

7. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Where in S-FLA are you?

8. goof

goof Well-Known Member

boca raton someday we should meet up even though i have no clue who u are

9. NJ08LancerGTS

NJ08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i say intake, forget about everything else

10. lancertrips

lancertrips Well-Known Member

The best single mod would be either to Turbo/Supercharge/Nitrous. Those are the best single mods where a real difference will be felt. If you can't go that way and only want a bolt-on mod I'd probably say computer management system, but with a CMS you won't benefit greatly from it till you add other mods (intake, exhaust, others).

11. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

12. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Once you get one mod, you will feen for more...TRUST. All aftermarket parts feed off each other. Intake, sri or cai, then the full exhaust system, then the headers or rims, then tires, then springs, then front bars, then rear bars, then on and on.

My best mod so far have been my coilovers, then the had to compliment that with the front/rear strut bars, then the f/r sway bars, then rims, then better sticky tires and so on...

13. Dabrits

Dabrits Well-Known Member

No one can settle for one single mod. It's not a fair question either because mods can range from $30-5,000. Obviously, if you could do one single mod, get the nicest turbo out there, but that's probably not realistic. My first "single" mod was an intake. Pretty cheap, maybe a slight difference in performance, but a real nice sound (SRI).

14. jeh438

jeh438 Member

My nitrous kit was under 300 and i'm lovin it!!