Short Ram Intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Analog, May 28, 2009.

1. Analog

Analog Member

Hey everyone.

So Ive been lookin into a SRI vs CAI and from what Im looking for the CAI isnt for me. I dont trust myself from driving in water.... so SRI it is...

These are my options, and I would really like some feedback.

RRM SRI
    K&M SRI
    AEM SRI

From what I have heard they are all pretty good. Ive heard really mixed feedback and I am not too concerned about Price.

Basically, I want to know...

Out of the 3 which do you recommend.
    Out of the 3 which is the loudest
    Out of the 3 which has the best performance
    Out of the 3 which is the easiest to install (relatively speaking I know they are all pretty standard to install)
    and finally
    Out of the 3 have you heard anything bad?

Also, if you have any other suggestions- that is better than those...
    Any feedback would be amazing. Thanks!

2. Pickasso

Pickasso Well-Known Member

rrm sri .. i got it .. the install was so easy ... it took me like 40 mins .. and trust me i`m not a mechanic .. you can really feel a difference ... and the sound ... oo yeah :)) i have some you tube videos you can check them out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I748sFFcRm8

i`ll go with the rrm

3. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

go w/ RRM. They are a vendor on here.

OR you could check the other 100+ threads on this subject... :)

4. PogiAko

PogiAko Well-Known Member

ive been thinking of getting sri. i got 2009 gts-at. those three are pretty good. so far i like k&n sri. does anybody have k&n here? if you do, please share your experience. for the rrm and aem sri owners. what's your experience on them - pros and cons?

5. LiX

LiX Well-Known Member

There are complains on evom about RRM filter falling apart and need replacement. K&N filter is a way better and nobody complains about K&N. So the choice is obvious to me.

6. colt_racer

colt_racer Member

I had the RRM V1 intake on my es and i felt a bit of improvement on aaceleration. especially at night. Its easy to install and the sound is noticeable. I never had a problem with the intake or the filter. So from my experience they're good intakes. I also switched to the Fujita intake and it did feel better than the RRM V1. I imagine the RRM V2 is the same as the Fujita Intake, performance wise just because of the similar design. But the RRM intakes should all be easy to install. I would recommend the RRM intakes and Fujita intakes.

7. PogiAko

PogiAko Well-Known Member

thanks for your response colt_racer and lix. appreciate it. i will get more info about sri products. no rush for me to buy it.

8. kaliuv

kaliuv Well-Known Member

I've got kn sri, and it's awesome. it roars especially from 3000rpm. sounds like racing car. no cons so far. I like the way it looks under the hood also. it looks very well made. no offense but, rrm kinda looks cheap.

9. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

k&n hands down

10. Ranger026

Ranger026 Active Member

Yea, I have the K&N as well, no complaints here.

11. gb21

gb21 Member

What website did you guys use to buy the k & N intake

12. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

HPS SRI