Short ram intake

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Performance' started by BuEnO, Aug 4, 2008.

1. BuEnO

BuEnO Member

So today I found out I cant get a CAI on my automatic 05 lancer es. Short ram intake here i come. so i found a decent one

http://www.racingworks.com/bomz_racing_short_ram_air_intake.htm

only problem is its only listed to 2004 so i dont know if it will work with my 2005. I am emailing back and forth with them now trying to figure out if they have a 2005 model.

there is another one on ebay which sounds good but iv never dealt with ebay and i kind of like buying from a physical company not just...whoever off ebay.

any comments about any of this stuff would be awesome. this is my first performance part mod. iv got some catching up to do!

2. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

welcome to LT!!where you from man??

3. jc

jc Well-Known Member

try out ebay.. its not as bad as it seems..
    just make shure u look at feed back from other ppl. 8)

4. BuEnO

BuEnO Member

nyc....queens

5. BuEnO

BuEnO Member

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

good choice. I made the unfortunate mistake of getting a pretty much universal intake, and am looking at getting a k+n sr now. sigh. found it for around $205. Unless you would recommend your intake....

7. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

I went with the Injen SRI.. it is awsome and was easy to install.
    Well worth the $230 I spent on it.

8. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

i went with the aem one seen here

[​IMG]

9. CS7A-7G

but it only for the 02-03 years.. it will fit the 04-07 7g lancer since they share the same motor/tranny

10. 1slowlance

Where'd you get your AEM and how much?

11. CS7A-7G

from aem lol.. actually it came from http://www.autoanything.com/ ... it shipped directly from aem themselves.. paid 260 w/tax&shipping

12. 1slowlance

it syas its only for the evo 8.....?

13. CS7A-7G

nope.. it for the 02-03... http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes ... 2A0A0.aspx

the auto trannys are bigger than man trans so the lower wont fit unless i make some more room.. atm i gained some space with a gflex hose, but not enough... im working on making room so i can fit the lower section

i choose the CAI for the 02-03 years and not use the lower pipe... im just using the upper part that has the carb#'s...

i passed emmisions with it last month

14. 1slowlance

o ok. so you can make it a short ram or a cold air, correct? You have an auto? And is there ANY way to get the cold air to fit?

15. CS7A-7G

i have an auto trans, sucks, but took it anyway cause it was 1 owner and i wanted yellow

look at the image.. i have a auto and it fits in just fine .. it sits next to the battery and the upper hose u see

yes u can make it sri by using the upper short pipe that has the main info on it like the crab sticker.. if you have a man trans u can go ahead and use the lower section.. you can get the lower section to fit in an auto that requires making some room..

theirs no issue when the hood is closed plnty of room

16. 1slowlance

O ok. That's cool. I might look into getting this one or the k+n cai. I think its the same concept, being able to take it apart. I'll have to ask them. Thanks for all the info.

17. jarol220

jarol220 Well-Known Member

Oh if you feel creative you can move your battery to the trunk and run a nice one. I just bought the K&N. oh and one more thing if you want just buy a cone and run a laundry dryer hose LOL

18. 1slowlance

There is a friend of mine on mitsubishi-forums.com that did the same exact thing. It works like a charm to. Pretty cool.