Shift Knobs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by Rockie, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Rockie

Rockie Member

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get shift knobs from. Everywhere I went, locally, they did not fit, and they had adapters for it. Not sure where to go

2. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

most shift knobs are universal(adaptors).your best bet would be on rrm for a direct fit,and or go to the dealer for a screw on shift knob,thats all i can think of.

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

RTM shift knobs FTW!!!! They are a direct fit and screw on.

Yes, I know my car is dirty...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you notice, its etched with the Mitsu logo on the top. :D

4. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i got the grab knob from works

5. Rockie

Rockie Member

Where did you get that mitsu shift knob?

6. SeRious08

Anyways, they offer several different options. Just go to the website and call Ziggy (yes thats his real name) or email him. This is a solid stainless steel direct screw on shift knob. And when I say solid, I mean solid. It weighted in at 1.5 lbs (heavier than stock). So it has a good weighted feel and throw. It also sits lower than the stock shifter.

The best thing, is that its ONLY $48 + $10 s/h. So for $58 its to your door. Cheaper than the other one out there currently and looks way better. And he does take Paypal.

So contact Ziggy at RTM Racing.
    (905)383-8230
    rtm@mountaincable.net
    http://www.rtmracing.com/

7. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

that knob is gonna burn the hell out of ur hand in the summer

8. SeRious08

Well lets see, I bought my car LAST July and I live in Texas. My hand made it through the summer with no problems. If your car is tinted and you put up a windshield screen (like you should to protect the dash), you will be fine in the summer. In the winter it can be a little cold until the heater heats up. :D

9. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

also check out Momo shift knobs. I think Momo better cause they're prettier lol

10. SeRious08

MOMO is trash and not a direct fit. I can't stand shifters that use counter-sink screws to hold it on.

11. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

here is my shift nob
    [​IMG]

i have the universal razo shift nobs, that thing is stuck on there pretty good, it aint commin off anytime soon rofl

but the bad thing about it is in the summer it burns ur hands and in the winter time its cold, so my solution for that is..... those cheap $1 michael jackson gloves, works well in both winter and summer XD

12. Texas Aggie

Serious: is it hard to install or something? I think KRU used a Momo shift knob. looked good but i don't know anything about the install. Enlighten me Obi Won...lol...you've answered most questions I've asked thus far...

13. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

will these work on the CVT also?

14. SeRious08

LOL!!! Not hard at all. Its a matter of unscrewing the factory one and screwing this one one. Its threaded to be a perfect match. It sits a lot lower than the stock one does too.

15. Texas Aggie

Serious: ok so my next question...how do i unscrew the shift knob?

Also, i'll have to upload my install pics from yesterday when i get back to my apt. sunday. the wireless network i'm on must not allow me to upload cause the LT thingy said no pic uploaded :-( PM me if i can get around that somehow. I have photobucket but i think its easier just posting pics instead of pic links

16. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

Will shift knobs like momo and sparco work? are they universal to all cars also? Do you know how to install momo ebrake handles? thankss

17. Texas Aggie

^ If i'm not mistaken, Serious said the threads match.

yeah...how do u change out the e brake too

18. SeRious08

Righty tighty, lefty loosey. Just turn it to the left with some force.

19. SeRious08

No, only the RTM (the best looking one), Works, and RRM shift knobs thread on. All others are held on with spacers and set-screws.

20. Texas Aggie

^ OHHHH

ok cool. I tried that earlier but it didn't budge and I didn't want to turn too much cause I didn't want to break it. but since its cool then i'll get it a turn...lol