shift boot on CVT

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by turnsheadz_247, Apr 6, 2009.

1. turnsheadz_247

turnsheadz_247 Active Member

I'm gonna b putting a shift boot over the plastic piece of my auto shifter ( not try 2 b a poser, it just looks better) I bought 1 that's for an Evo, I just want 2 to know if anybody knows of an easier way 2 put in on than me just taking off the whole center console ? N if that is the only way where do I start 2 take it off ?

2. young_blood

young_blood Well-Known Member

yes you will have to take the whole center console apart. If you'd like just send me a pm with your email address and I can send you a detailed list of instructions on how I did it. It is actually very simple and easy just takes some time

3. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Takes about 5 minutes to take off...shouldn't be hard at all.

4. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

yea removing the center console is mad easy. youngblood why dont u just post the step by step here for everyone to see

5. mujahidMD

mujahidMD Well-Known Member

Why not just get the car in manual? no offense but i think its funny when people go with CVT and then try to put a different shifter or put a boot.

6. young_blood

Will do, as soon as I finish writing this paper I will post a step by step for everyone. I do not know how to post pics but can still do a step by step.

- I agree with you mujahidMD, however some people are forced to get CVT because they may not know how to drive a stick r for other reasons. Some people do put the shift boots on to try to act like its a stick, I just think it looks better and cleaner with a boot on it. I have CVT but would have rather of gotten a 5 speed, but my girl often drives my car and she cannot drive a stick.

7. mujahidMD

mujahidMD Well-Known Member

I can respect that did you try to teach your girl? i am by no way a expert at stick iam considered a newbie!

8. young_blood

Ya I can drive a stick and actually prefer them. My cousin drives a 08 Hyundai Tiburon GT which is a stick so I tried to teach my girlfriend on there. Lets just say t wasn't pretty. She can't even really use the sport mode on my GTS lol

9. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

You got pics young_blood? I wanna see how it turned out

10. turnsheadz_247

turnsheadz_247 Active Member

I finished it but having trouble posting pics. I should of got a stick but ended up getting the cvt cause me being impatient I'm not trying to be a poser like it's a stick or anything like that. I just thing it looks better sort of liked the blacked out bumber/grill not trying to be an evo just looks aggresive

11. young_blood

Ya I have pics of everything. If someone could help me learn how to post pics on here I could give ya pics of how I did it and what it looks like now.

12. Keeeent

13. young_blood

Here is what mine looks like...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

ahh i noticed you took off the chrome around the boot base. thats what i need to do.

15. young_blood

Ya. I like the looks of the car with it much more than without it. I just seems to flow better.

16. young_blood

I will be posting a How To on this tomorrow night for anyone who wants it

17. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

awesome, i need it

18. young_blood

Anyone know where to post How To's on this forum. cant seem to find it

19. Keeeent

post in the customization.

20. young_blood

For those of you who are interested in how to do this I just posted a How To for this