security

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by ViperF16, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

well the fact that phx is among the highest in car theft i think its time for a security upgrade. i had a viper on my last car and it didnt work to well, but i think it was just a crappy install, damn best buy.

but if anyone else has some ideas ... share them!

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i have heard of people getting shit stolen out of their 08 lancers and the alarm not working that well im considering an upgrade also!

3. ViperF16

well the lancer doesnt even have an alarm on it, unless you had the dealer install one for you

4. LancerGTS

mine came with an alarm on it

5. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

mine also came with an alarm. BOOYAH! :p

6. LancerGTS

werd 8)

7. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

i think all GTS came with an alarm, i have seen the keys for the es or de trim and they didnt even had keyless entry.

8. LancerGTS

id be upset! im still considering upgrading tho

9. ViperF16

the car doesnt come with a alarm. no car 'comes' with an alarm. unless the dealer installed one seperate. but i didn't want that extra cost ... i'd rather get my own

10. LancerGTS

the gts comes equipped with one what model do you have?

11. ViperF16

fully loaded gts

12. LancerGTS

then why wouldnt urs have it if it dont then u need to take it to the dealer or test it the alarm only goes off if u open the door. put ur window down lock ur door then wait like 5 mins then open ur door and see if it goes off.

13. ViperF16

hmm that is true. i remember setting it off in the dealer showroom lol

14. LancerGTS

lol told ya :D

15. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I have the ES and mine came with a transmitter to unlock the car doors and truck. Before I had my alarm installed, I left my window in the driver side unlock it from the inside and the horn went off like an alarm.

16. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

stock alarm sucks huge.

I got my window bashed in...the alarm didn't go off, it only goes off if the door is opened withthe alarm on. theres no impact sensors or anything

17. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I can get you guys alarms at cost + shipping. Hell I even have an alarm that takes pictures.

18. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

set up group buy in the group buy section, if you can provide many of them.

thanks,
    LT.com staff

19. ViperF16

alarm that takes pictures??? never heard of such a thing ... no doubt it would be pricy i'm sure

20. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

just got my new alarm setup, and I have only one thing to say......annoying as hell. for 450 bucks I got the autocommand model 20095. took the guy over 2 hours to install, and what a hackjob it was, he didn't put all the panels together securely and its to the point where some panels don't even reach each other, and he forgot to put on the skirt that goes on under the knee airbag. I found 4 random screws to which i have no idea where they go. It was like legos, I had to reconnect all the parts of the panels which was very annoying.

Well back to the alarm, it came with a clicker that has a screen.
    airwolf.jpg

the only feature i really wanted was for it to tell me automatically if something was happening to my car. so if someone tries to pry open my trunk, hood, windows, doors, the car senses it and sends it to the clicker simultaneously and alerts me. The one thing that sucks is that the fast key is cancelled out, it still works and i sitll have to carry it around due to the engine immobilizer, but i still have to press the unlock on the new clicker.