RRM SRI V2

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by stronz73, Jun 21, 2008.

1. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Well ive been really looking forward to buying the SRI v2, because i already have the RRM SRI and i love it. It sounds great and u can feel the difference once u romp on the gas pedal. But my question to all of u is, would it really be worth it to spend the money for the RRM SRI V2, or it really wouldnt make much of a difference from the old version that i already have. Im just looking for better performance or sound.

2. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

same thing performance wise... but it prevents the groove that u get with both the OEM pulley and RRM V1 Pulley, which will lead to a nice big $$$ to fix :)

3. stronz73

Oh thats it...well i guess thats better than nothing, thanks for the info bro.

4. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

hahaha dude bryn was talking about the pulley and your talking about the intake, lmao classic!!

5. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

oops -_- thought i read pulley lol... as far as the v2 sri... i have no idea, just know v2 sri from fujita supposedly fixes the CEL problem, but people say it still comes up :-\

nvm, just remembered... i think the v2 is for the 09 GTS but is usable on the 08s and non GTS 09s...

6. stronz73

lol, its all good, just wanted to know, and i just went with it because i know nothing about the V2.

7. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Performance wise on the v2 intake? Not too sure. RRM hasn't really mentioned if the V2 SRI has an improvement performance wise. But it does have a heat shield.

8. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

speaking of the v2 pulley anyone know when its coming out, cause i got the old version and i would really like to get the v2 before something happens.

9. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

The v2 of the pulley was recently released. Check it out,

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/stor ... cts_id=337

It's a little expensive, but worth it. Glad I waited to get this.

10. whosjamesgo

whosjamesgo Well-Known Member

im gettin my v2 sri on monday :D ill take picture

11. krisx11

krisx11 Member

can u really install the pulley in minutes how wuld u go about doin this like liftin the car up on a jack

12. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

13. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

If you sold your V1 for a decent price i'd say it's worth it to throw that cash with some extra bucks and it'd be worth it.

I have my v2 on. Love it. The Heatshield actually helps a bit. Don't go quoting me like it's the word of God or anything but i drove with the heatshield off for a few days. Then put it on. It wasn't like a new mod or anything but it did help.

I honestly have to say i forgot what the v1 felt like because i bought that piece first, then i went with the injen cold air, then i got the v2.

the v2 is much more responsive then the cold air, that's for sure. Not too sure if the power went up from the previous first model.

14. stronz73