RRM SRI V2 - CEL came on

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by 96Blacksunshine, Oct 14, 2008.

1. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Just installed intake. CEL came on. Checked all hose clamps, made sure maf was seated good with new o-ring. Everything is done properly. Def not my first intake install. Came back from around the block, cleaned maf with maf cleaner, light is still on. Any suggestions?

2. Thatguy

Thatguy Well-Known Member

did you try disconnecting your battery for a while? thats what i did when my cai was installed.

3. 96Blacksunshine

only while installing the part. Should I do that after install for a while?

4. 96Blacksunshine

I'll be damned! It worked. Thanks alot Thatguy!

5. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Well you just reset the ECU so it might come back on soon

6. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

i havent heard of any cels coming on with the v2 intake, if you have further problems give me a call 1-562-906-0080.

7. 96Blacksunshine

Will do. It came on before I left the neighborhood. After cleaning maf and double checking everything and resetting ecu I drove about 5 miles without it coming on. Hopefully it's ok now.

8. 08Lancer89

08Lancer89 Well-Known Member

Heres what you should do next time,

I bet that if you did this you would have not had any problems.

before the installed disconect the batt.

after its on reconect, then turn on and let idle for 10-15 min.

9. 96Blacksunshine

I did disconnect it before I started. And hooked it up right after the install. Kinda skipped the whole let it idle part haha. Was ready to check it out. I drove it again around town for a few minutes just now and it seems to be ok. Preciate the tip though.

10. 08Lancer89

08Lancer89 Well-Known Member

your welcome, I try to help the guys out that buy RRM parts, becasue I know alot about them and have some parts on my car. :wink: 8)

11. 96Blacksunshine

Alright, today I drove to get coffee. Went inside for a few min. Came out, started car, backed out of spot and cel came on again. Car bogged down and didn't even want to go. Took backroad home. A few blocks from store car quit bogging and drove fine to the house. I guess my car is not happy with this intake on. I rechecked everything with battery undone. hooked batt. back up stared car and let idle for 15 min. No more cel or bogging but for how long?

12. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

10 minutes?

13. 96Blacksunshine

hope not. It will be injen cai time.

14. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

it might be the throttle body thing that some people had problems with. if the problem persists roll up to RoadRace and see if they fix it or give you a new one. if you are close by that is