Rrm pulley and oil leak?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Mitsubishilancergts, Feb 16, 2009.

1. On evo fourms theres a sticky on how one guy installed a rrm pulley and had a oli leak. I like my warranty and i do know that this is a cheap mod than you can feel the gains when you install it but i dont want a oli leak. All you guys who have this pulley whats your two cents on it?

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Re: Rrm pulley and oli leak?

I think that issue only concerned the V1 pulley. The V2 pulley advertised on their website I believe stopped that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

this is not only with the RRM pulley...it also involves the stock pulley, its said that after 20k miles it starts to leak...thing is when i installed my pulley i already had 2k miles on the stock and you can see on it that it already has some ware, so changing or keeping is up to you...im not sure about RMMs V2, im not sure which is the one i got, and i got it in july or so...i havent removed my RRM pulley to see if it has any ware, and the diff is slightly noticeable, so like i said...its up to you...

4. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

i have had my v1 for 40000 miles no problem knock on wood

5. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I replaced mine when the V2 came out. Already had wear in my stock pulley, dont remember how many miles though, I think around 11K.

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

im rolling the v1 still and like someone mentioned before, this "groove" also gets created on the stock pulley. I saw first hand when one dude was getting his stock one pulled out for a Road Race pulley.

7. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

how many mile you got? i have the v1 and just hit 11000

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i already hit more than 20k

9. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

thanks