rrm headers CEL

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by turnsheadz_247, Aug 30, 2008.

1. turnsheadz_247

turnsheadz_247 Active Member

if i buy the rrm headers for the 09 GTS will i need 2 buy the CEL elminator

2. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Lancer Well-Known Member

Well if you look at the rrm website you can see that you cant even buy a CEL eliminator for your car. I think that the CEL eliminator is for PZEV models only and since yours is a 09 it is a FED. i could be wrong but check the site again. Heres the link:

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/stor ... th=1_23_24

3. turnsheadz_247

turnsheadz_247 Active Member

na it can be used for the 09 i'm just not sure if i need it (CEL elminator)

4. GTS_Lancer

Well sorry dude i cant help you then because i just dont know. Maybe someone else will post some info that will help you out.

5. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

can be used? but why? your car is FED meaning you dont need it.

6. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Rob said:
    haha thats what i was trying to say, kinda lol!

7. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

If you have a PVEZ model then you will need to get the CEL elminator if you get the header or test pipe. If you have a FED model then no CEL elminator will be required

8. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

/\ +1.. i have the rrm headers (the FED model) and i never had to buy the CEL eliminator.. youll be fine

9. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

^ same here, fed headers and no problem.

10. mikeike8

actually i just installed my headers today and boy do i recommend them... u hit 3.5 to 4 rpm and u feel it... cant wait to drive to school tomm :D

11. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

You did the instalation yourself Mike or did you have someoen do it? and if so price??

12. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i installed mine in my drive way, 0.5-1 hour mabye but i like to take my time. the header can be installed with the tower strut bar on.

13. mikeike8

actually AZN_daddy introduced me to this guy that helped me out it on... we did it in the garage of his house but ya it takes about an hour to replace...

the reason for that is that theres two heat shields one from the top and one from the bottom that has to be removed... but other than that.. nothing too difficult... just some patience and you should be good to go!