RRM Exhaust or Magnaflow Cat Back

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by mpirklbauer, Jan 7, 2009.

1. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

Hi!

I´m think about buying a new exhaust.
    What do you think is better the RRM axle back or the magnaflow cat back, in combination with a RRM FED Header?

One of the sounds I like the best is like that
    http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=cSgCfWfPUHI

or like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRQKSyM6 ... re=related

Which combos will come next to them??
    Maybe with an other exhaust.

I don´t know if such a sound is possible with the lancer, but it would be nice.

If someone had soundclips, it would be great!

Thanks for your help!

2. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Our Lancers will never sound like Lamborghinis..

3. mpirklbauer

:D I know but would be nice.

I just want a high sound like that not a dump brrrrrrruumm!!

you know what i mean?

4. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

The RRM Exhaust uses a Magnaflow muffer lol And the piping isn't SS, and so is very prone to rusting. Look out. So between the two ofcourse I'd go with the Magnaflow Catback.

5. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

I was just reading a review from someone who had the RRM exhaust and replaced it with the Magnaflow Cat-back and there was no doubt in his mind that the magnaflow sounded, looked, and felt better then the RRM exhaust. If you would like to take a look for yourself it is over at evom.

6. mpirklbauer

So can i get the RRM Exhaust a Magnaflow too?
    I need one with a certificate for Austria.
    Brain told me that RRM has no certificate for the exhaust.

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

If you're asking for the best combo with a header i'd strongly suggest going with any reputable axle-back because when i had the Injen SES Exhaust on my car with the headers it sounded like shit.

Never heard the combo (in person) of the Magnaflow Cat-back + Headers soooooooo you may be the first.

8. mpirklbauer

9. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Those Lambos sounded similiar to Sport bikes. Man I wish I could at least a 600cc right now.

10. mpirklbauer

I´m looking to buy a Yamaha R6 or a Suzuki GSX-R 600 or 750 ccm in spring or summer :D :D
    If I wont get the turbo through the TÃœV.
    I have to choose a turbo for my lancer or a sports bike.
    As it looks like it will get a bike, because the Austrian TÃœV is not open for tuning parts from the US.

11. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I would choose sport bike, a turbo would be nice, but there is no way a turbo set up like the ones sold right now would stand a chance against one of those bikes. Ive driven an 2007 R6. I almost took over the payments (from my brother in law) but I decided I should pay off my school loans first. Those things are quick, I dont think I ever went past 6000 rpm before I shifted and you can feel it go even then. First time riding and without any riding gear at all lol. Felt like the front tire wanted to come off the ground like 3 times.

12. mpirklbauer

a friend of my has a 2008 R1, that is a bad toy !! :D :D
    but if I would by a R1 for the beginning I quickly will be gone.
    so for starting just a R6 or so?
    I think that is enough fun !

13. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, hey the new GSX-R 600 has a control module that lets you set the power to like 50%, 75%, or 100%. I was thinking about going with it in black since my gf wants to ride it too and that way I could put her on 50% when she isnt looking lol.
    O by the way if you decide to go turbo on the lancer then the headers would be a waste later when you upgrade.

14. mpirklbauer

I heard about that, but this would be senseless for my, I´ll alway would go at 100%

Yes i know that the turbo needs an other header, but this 400 $ are not so much.
    I can life with that.
    Maybe if I get the turbo I´ll hang the header on a wall or so!?!

15. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Lol. man if $400 is not so much to you, you should buy me the fed one and send it to me lol, well I guess you can always sell it and get some money back later, but I do like the idea of hanging it on the wall.

16. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

Evolve has our RRM exhaust and Header, his car sounds pretty BEEFY imho...... :D

17. mpirklbauer

18. BrianRRM

19. mpirklbauer

do you plan to build it for us too??
    because it looks much better than the normal exhausts!!

20. BrianRRM

if enough people want it we would entertain the idea of making the kit, iwe would need 20+ people commited to it.