RRM Exhaust and PZEV Questions...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Mpitera, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

Ok, so heres my question. I have, or would believe so, the PZEV Lancer GTS. I have what looks to be 2 Cats and a Resonator on my exhaust system. I just installed the RRM exhaust system and it is very quiet. I'm not sure if thats how the exhaust is ment to sound of if it is because of the 2 Cats and/or the Resonator. I would like to know if there is anything that I can do to fix that, like take off one of the Cats or even the Resonator. I would also like to know if the RRM SRI system if very loud for anyone else. It is basically over powering my exhaust while i'm driving.

2. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

I have the exact setup as you and have experienced the same results. The SRI overpowers by far. I plan on adding the rrm header to remove the pre cat and add that extra little bit of hp. also considering ditching the sri and going for injen. I like the axle back better than the sri.

3. Mpitera

:? Idk if I'd want to take off the intake, I like how kinda like how it sounds. Is the resonator needed..? If I were to take that off, would that help with the sound level? Would that give me a CEL? would that pass inpections w/o it (not that thats my main worry). Also, is the Injen intake that much quieter?

4. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

well.. I live in NYC... here we get the cali specs as well... but as far a inspection... dont worry... aobut it... couse we do not need connect the car to the machine ... for the coming 5 years... I believe... now to the other question... our car does have two cats.... that is what is eating the missing HP... according to our states laws... "we must have it..." ... now... RRM is selling a test pipe that you could use to solve that problem... if am not mistaking... that might help you out with depness of your sound...

5. Mpitera

I was just about to e-mail RRM and ask them about the test pipe. I'm wondering why they state its for off-road/racing use only. Is there a reason why its not allowed for city/highway use, besided the fact that its takin off one of the cats? I'm also thinking about getting rid of the resonator to help with the sound. After talking to RRM I'll get back to everyone here and will then post sound clips/vids of before and after.

6. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

the test pipe is for the cali spec cars only, we state it as for off road beause it elminates one cat.

7. Mpitera

I also checked under my car when I was installing the Exhaust and I noticed 2 Cats and then the resonator. Going by that i'd believe we (NY) would have the Cali Spec cars. I also checked the model number and it ends in 7m