rpm limiter at red line?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Payload, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

just wondering if anyone knows where the rev limiter is meant to be set at. It seems like its kicking in as soon as i hit the red line.

Just wanted to know if this is normal or not because my last lancer had a 6500 redline too but it would let me run all the way to about 7000-7200 before the limiter would kick in. Or is the jolt kinda feeling when it hits the red line something else like the valve timing or something having a huge change.

any info would be appreciated.

Its manual btw

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

mine is about 6k-6200, felt the rev around that time.

3. UHateMy08

UHateMy08 Member

i think the jolt is fuel cut not a rev limiter. rev limiters just bounce and makes the car feel sluggish. fuel cut usual gives a jolt feeling

4. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I hate that fuel cut crap. Can't wait until companies start working on the internals of the engine so we can raise the redline a bit. :lol:

5. MontrealGTS

MontrealGTS Well-Known Member

When downshifting there is no cut off. Well that i have noticed, i have done some serious downshift dude to some racing and drifting and you can get past the redline in those situations.