Roofus's 09 GGP GTS

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Roofus, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

Alright I just installed my first part so I guess Ill start my report

Here is my old dusty stock airbox
    [​IMG]

and now my new clean RRM SRI
    [​IMG]

Looks feels and sounds great,
    More coming soon

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

3. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

I just installed mine this morning, did u have any probs with the screw that attaches the ram to the engine? Mine wouldn't fit thro the bracket.

4. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

yea it was a little goofy i just had to keep movin it around and what not it eventually fit through. I didnt get an allen wrench though, but thankfully my roller hockey skate tool had the perfect size head haha

5. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Lookin good. Wish I could afford some performance mods lol.

6. Zerex

Zerex New Member

I am new to the whole sport car thing. I really like the look and the performance of the lancer. I just bought an 09 GTS. I love it. I am having problems locating aftermarket mods though. I can find nothing that fits the 2.4.

7. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Get the new Injen CAI that just came out fro the 2.4

8. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com
    I think youll find a few things you like

9. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah lol RRM will be your new best friend if you're looking for performance or really anything.

10. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

When my sidemount plate gets here in a few days ill be blackin out the front. you guys think i should ralliart it as well? (chrome outline it)

11. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I'm getting a side mount too but I'm not doing the chrome trim. It's just not the same on a regular Lancer. But if you like the look I think it'd look good on GP.

12. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

Yea im pretty torn...i like both ways alot. think ill stick to just blacked out thought (atleast for a little while)

13. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

ok QUESTION: rrm side mount plate just got here, and i have no clue what size holes to drill.

14. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

its like a half inch hole, but i had no such drill bit, so i used the biggest one i had and drilled, then like kinda shaved a bigger circle with the drill.

15. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

thanks dude. as soon as i get around to blackin it out and mounting the plate ill post some pics

16. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

yea the plugs need to fit throught the holes you drill, but not loosely.

17. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

ok i think i got off work tomarrow so i might be executing "Operation: hope i dont f*#% up" aka this stupid liscense plate. Did use a certain type of drill bit like masonry or wood or somethin...or will anything work.

18. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

just a normal bit will work, its just the bumper you're drilling in.

19. Roofus

Roofus Well-Known Member

These are just some stock pics. blackout and side mount coming soon i promise :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Lol for my side plate I just held it where I wanted it, drew two circles with a sharpie, then drilled a hole inside those circles. The bumper is actually really really easy to cut through. As long as the screws fit through, you're good.