rims??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by Mada, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Mada

Mada Active Member

hey guys, im thinking of getting 20's for my lancer. im just worried about possible tire rub. why the 20's? cause if i go with the 18's or possible 19's, i dont want to drop my car. i wanna leave the suspension stock. any ideas or what should i do? if by any chance i do drop it on 18's? what are the best springs to get? i have a kid and this is my daily driver. id dont want to have a bobble head in my back seat u know.

2. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

hey,

im not sure, im gona go do some research and get back to ya ok?

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

LOL...bobblehead, thats funny...if you are worried about that then now springs for you...actually, the WORKS doesnt really bounce that much but still gives a low look. As for the others springs, I am sure the others will let you know about there experience with that. I have coilovers and will guaradamnteed a baby will sleep soundly in my car

:D

4. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

I reckon the biggest you can go with a lancer is 18".
    One thing to keep in mind, the bigger the wheel is, the less rubber between the wheels and the road, meaning a much harder ride. (you will feel every bumps through your spine)

You also need to check the offset of the new wheels and see if it fits your wheel arch. if you are using wider tyres, it may rub against the fender, and may need fender rolling as well.

You won't actually damage the engine in any way, bigger wheels only mean heavier, so try to get some lightweight ones.

However, incorrect fitment or size of the wheels could potentially damage your suspension and tyres, but go to a decent wheels shop, and it will be unlikely.

this information is from the following site http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071119030016AAXo6zA

5. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Oh i know of people who have put 20" inch rims on our lancers, and online wheel and tire sites say that they work. I think its possible, but it would be more on a wheel to wheel basis. I think some 20"s would work, not all of them.

6. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I forgot who, but someone has put 20s on their lancers....but don't expect a smooth ride.

I would stick with 18's or 19's

as u increase wheel size, ride will get bumpier.

With aftermarket springs...I have teins...and the ride did get bumpy, but that will happen with most aftermarket springs since their more stiffto compensate for the drop and weight of the car

7. DaytonaLancer

8. chetman7

lol hahahahaaha

those rims are too bling and big in my taste.
    and so is she ..minus the bling

9. Mada

Mada Active Member

hey thankls on all ur info! whoever has the coilovers hit me up with more info on that and price ranges too

10. DaytonaLancer

Haha yea, i was thinking the same thing. I never said you had to like em tho, lol.

11. chetman7

nice chrome rims should stay on luxury cars.

12. bras_33

The ones I got are prototypes from Megan Racing. They told me end of this month/early March. As for the price, I am sure they will be in the range of their other coilover setups.

Check it:

http://www.lancertuners.com/modules.php ... hlight=ets

13. Mada

Mada Active Member

hey man those look awesome. im defenetly gonna keep those on mind. the 20's that i was looking at were made by velocity, they were perfect fit, but i was looking at about $1.700.00 so amd i looking at about the same price if i get 18's and coilovers?

14. bras_33

/\ I have the og 18s as you can see on the pics...I use them mostly for autocross but lately I get lazy to remove them and you may know how unforgiving So Cal Freeways and city streets are.

15. Mada

Mada Active Member

oh i know, the 101 was my daily driver few months back :x .. so im gonna look into those coilovers. i think im the only one in bakersfield from LT. hit me up wheneve theres another L.A meet so i can make it down.. im gonna try to hit htat apexi garage sale.

16. bras_33

/\ of course, its always posted in the forum.WEST COAST forum :D

17. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member