Rims/Gas

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by TClife, Apr 21, 2008.

1. TClife

TClife Member

i have a question everyone i talk to says if i put 18'' rims on my lancer that it will throw off the gas mileage is this true and if so how much will it be thrown off by ??????????????? please help

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

What model type do you have?

Bigger rims just causes the car to add more weight and though spins slower then smaller rims would but not necessarily on the gas.

3. Slickghost

Slickghost Well-Known Member

... GTS's come stock with 18's so if shouldn't be an issue

4. JDM FLOW

I know, that is why I asked which model type is has unless he has the GTS model, he will be fine.

5. TClife

TClife Member

i have a ES

6. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

you wont actually be fine it all depends on what kind of wheels you get. while the GTS does come with stock 18's the weight of the wheels can be way different than the aftermarket ones your looking at getting. do some reaserch on the wheels you like with weight and such and compare :wink:

7. JDM FLOW

So you came with regular 16" rims. 18" will be fine and won't cause your gas more quickly then it is now on your 16".

Gas for this car is amazing so, you don't need to worry.

8. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

he'll be fine.the diameter of the 18s with the tires(assuming 215/45)they would be about the same diameter as the 16s with the bubble tires.

9. TClife

TClife Member

i think i might go with 18'' Drag DR-19

10. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

nice choice i got the dr-11's