Reverting back Intake and exhaust questions

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by QwertyMess, Dec 22, 2009.

1. QwertyMess

QwertyMess Active Member

So I have been thinking of selling my intake and exhaust and return my car back to stock. To be honest when I put the stuff on I didn’t feel much of a difference. More so in throttle response and noise. I have the RMM Intake V2 that I have had on for a little over 15k miles and the RMM magnaflow muffler that’s been on for about 20k miles. As much as I like them, I want to return to stock because this is my daily driver car and I just plainly like stock stuff better. I know your thinking I’m retarded for thinking so, but from what I have posted before people know that I am more into suspension, brake work and ride ability more than anything else.

In any case my question would be if I go back to stock will I run into any problems with the ECU of the car, (rough idling, fuel economy etc.) Also, since I do not have my old stock parts what is a good place I can grab them on the cheap rather than buying new from the factory? I would not be opposed to trading them out with someone that has stock stuff, but I do not know anyone that lives in the Tampa Florida. In any case, and ideas or help would be much appreciated.

2. lancer0220

lancer0220 Well-Known Member

you will be fine.

ive gone from stock to 2.0l injen cai to stock to 2.4l injen cai wher ei am now (3 intake changes)

I also have gone from stock exhaust to greddy ti-c back to stock.

car runs fine no problems

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be a "getting-used-to" period, like there is when you modify from stock to aftermarket. It will probably just take a few days or so for your engine to return back to normal.

4. QwertyMess

QwertyMess Active Member

Thanks for the replies. Were can i get stock parts on the cheap? And is there anyone willing to do a straight up trade?

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You could check Craigslist, and maybe people on here might want some aftermarket stuff. If not, then you'll probably have to go to the dealer.

6. lucabrasi305

lucabrasi305 Active Member

I have a stock exhaust if you want to buy it i live in Fort lauderdale Florida

7. QwertyMess

QwertyMess Active Member

How much do you want for the exhaust? Also, is anyone else interested in selling there stock intake system? Or a straight trade for an RRM V2 Intake and a MagnaFlow RRM Exhaust.

8. lucabrasi305

lucabrasi305 Active Member

Im thinking like $225 if you want me to drive to you or $175 if you want to pick it up or have it shipped