Rev Limit

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Redline1, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

is there anyway we can take out the thing that wont let us rev pass 4000 in neutral an park

2. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

on older cars there used to be a governer which you could have removed, but since vehicles have become more complex its not so easy. You could raise the rev limiter but its not gonna be cheap. Its programmed into the ECU and would need to be flashed and reprogrammed.

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

well said!!! you get a cookie! :D

4. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

u need a 5spd. theres no limit for us, just drop a gear and go!

5. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

6. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

trying to rev up on some honduhs?

7. playa213xx

thats not true...actually we(5spds) do have rev limiters as well. try taking your gears past redline..Won't go. It boggs down. Thus proving...we also have a rev limiter..

*Try going past redline on your own if curious. Do not hold me responsible for a blown motor :D

8. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

yeap thats true...it happen to me a couple of times without me knowing but when i look at it closely the rev limits before 6.5k rpm

9. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

thats where a normal limit should be, not at 4g. i dont think i've pushed mine over 5.5g

10. playa213xx

lol good...keep it that way...not worth it IMO unless your at the tracks brotha

11. Redline1

so it is jsut better to get a swap, better performance, no neutral limt. And acualy not hondas, my firends got a stang and we were in the parking lot he has flow masters and i got hks so we had a rev off and he took his to 6,500 while i was stuck at 4 so yea. still sounded good lol

12. DirectorSe7en

DirectorSe7en Well-Known Member

Does the RRM piggyback do anything to remove the limiters?

13. Redline1

not sure guess we should ask them,..... you rrm lol

14. playa213xx

it may for the cvt but it would really be pointless for a 5spd. Our rev limiter allows us to go to redline. Beyond that would be STUPID (hence why the area is red) It would probably be a good idea to raise it for the CVT tho when it comes to launching.

15. Redline1

yea it would be nice