Representing the 08 Lancers

Discussion in 'RallyCross, AutoCross, Motorsports' started by Subawho, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Today was the fifth round of the Johnson Valley Rallycross series. It was my first event in over 2 years, and my first with my Lancer. There were 8 in the stock 2wd class, with 4 newbies (myself included) and 4 pros.

I took second place :D

Everyone at the event loved my car and three people actually rode with me because they wanted to see what it was like.

Guys, start going to your local autocross and rallycross events and make a showing!

I will have pics up tomorrow...for some reason I cant upload them tonight it keeps crashing. :?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Sub. I believe it was the WORKs springs and not the driver!!! lol, j/k

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

good job taking 2nd place man. way to represent, and show these people who under estimate the new lancers.

4. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

OF course man.. he did his best, the car did the rest. haha.!

Way to represent Sub.. I feel so much better with my car now..

5. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

congrats sub, makes me feel even better that I drive THE 08 Lancer

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

great job man.. i wana see picss !!

7. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Congrats.

8. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

you were reppin the 08 lancer but were you repping lancer tuners?

9. Subawho

Yep I was talking with a few people about the group and how I was dragging you guys out there to try and get you into it. A lot of people were asking about how well the aftermarket parts selection was with the car so I was telling them what we are planning to do with API. One guy who rode with me is now planning to purchase one because he was so impressed.

10. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

thats cool steve. We should set up another lakebed meet i wanna go again

11. Subawho

Once again you post/text me the same thing... :lol:

12. huff

huff Well-Known Member

congrats man ! thats def a great way to represent ! 2nd place is not to shabby at all lol ! putting a good name for the lancers

13. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

Very nice coming in second place! Makes me feel better about the Lancer since alot of people or car reviewers ive seen put it down in the performance. Great job! :D

14. Solsonic

Solsonic Well-Known Member

Attaboy, congrats on the 2nd place finish!

15. Subawho

There is the link to official results:

http://jaycomservices.com/Event_Managem ... sults.html

A few things I found out from this that I was originally wrong about:

1. There were only 6 in my class, 2 who registered didnt show. So I got 2nd out of 6, instead of 8.

2. They didnt take just your best time of each course. They took all six of your runs (three on each course) and added them together. I ended up in second not because I had the second fastest time, but because I clocked constant decent numbers, while others had very fast and very slow times.

Out of 39 people, with each one doing 6 runs, that is 234 total runs done for the entire day. I had the 77th fastest run and none of my runs broke the 190th place barrier (my highest was 189th) That is with all rally cars, stock, modified, 4wd and 2wd thrown together.

16. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting people to notice that the lancer kicks ass, but on your second place finish......... haha jk man good job bro.

17. magicman

magicman Active Member

ive been wnating ot get into this do you have any info on how to get started?