replacement air filter

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by jacob1bc, May 7, 2008.

1. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i have a RRM air intake and it's time to replace the filter. my question is how do you all feel about replacing it with another brand like true flow, AEM, K&N or something. or should i just buy the RRM. my only bitch is the the shipping is almost $14.00 + $49.00 for the filter and i live in the same state as them. i am open to suggestion. thanx

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Just wash it. Any new filter is washable.

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Yeah you can wash it, but make sure you really dry it out. or you can buy the cleaning kits, or you can buy a new one. All up to you.

4. jacob1bc

are you guys talking about the RRM filter?

5. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Well I am but I can't speak for the other person.

6. jacob1bc

okay thanks

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

There should be several performance shops in Nor Cal that can help with AEM, Injen, K&N and many others air filter companies. Or you can look on their websites and see where them sell them, instead of paying for shipping. Good Luck.

8. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

How often should you clean the filter? My car is running kinda sluggish and I think this might be the answer. I got the injen intake about 6 months ago and I haven't touched the filter.

9. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

Every oil change is good measure.

10. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Thats what I do and is a perfect schedule to go by. I change my oil every 3000 miles and clean the filter.