rear bumper

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by spunx021, Aug 25, 2008.

1. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

i got into an accident last friday, got rear ended by an 06 Scion TC. i'm okay but my rear bumper looks pretty banged up. anyway, I'm thinking of getting the GT-Concept Rear Bumper, but I'm concerned if it's gonna look funky with stock side skirts. I have an 08 GTS, dropped with Eibach prokit. any opinions would be greatly appreciated....

by the way, I am very impressed with how my rear bumper held up considering how his Scion looked. His front bumper was literally barely hanging on and fluids leaking on the freeway.

2. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

3. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that... but check his ^^ looks sweet.... he has made a great post about it.... I was hit by a light pole and still fighting with the other guys insurance... apparently they only want to pay for the damages not includes the depreciation value that its going to cost me .... and they do not want to re-imburse me for the parking for the first week.... but still hanging... any tip you might have for me..??? or did the scion guy paid of his pocket??

4. spunx021

i talked to my insurance and basically they told me that they'll look at my car tomorrow to see how much the damage is and they will just cut me a check. since I was rear ended, it was obviously the other guy's fault and they will just bill the other guy's insurance, including my car rental. hopefully my insurance isn't lying to me...

5. nanonyc

I didnt want to have my insurance involved... since the other car hit the light pole.. light pole flew.. and landed on my car.... so it was not a car accident... or at leasst that is what my insurance told me... so i figure.. if I didnt have them involved... it wont go up... my rates that it... did you have to wait for the police report before having anybody to see your car?

6. spunx021

after the accident I called California Highway Patrol and they were on the scene in about 10 mins so the police report was already done before I even called my insurance. I thought that having full coverage insurance means that any damage to your car will be covered by your insurance company, this is my first accident so I really don't know how the process works..

7. nanonyc

here in NYC we have to wait a week before we even see the report...