Rattling....Who else has it!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by 08LancerAnt, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

Alright guys and gals I am starting this thread to see how many other 08+ Lancer owners are hearing this "rattle" It happens between 2k-3k RPM's....

This is Serious08's First ever video of the RRM Turbo......watch the video and It starts at 2:37 and ends at 2:40 the rattling noise sounds like (maybe a heat shield or some say its the oil filter coming loose)

[youtube:1bvdkyo7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEY2ETHZ_-8[/youtube:1bvdkyo7]

1. 08LancerAnt
    2. BlueDevilLancer
    3. Serious08 (just cause I pin pointed the noise in his video)

The rattle is very annoying and I want it fixed.....BTW I called my local friendly Mitsubishi dealer and they told me they want $105-150 just to diagnose the problem and they cannot guarantee they can find it!

2. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

nice turbo but thats messed up, wont warranty cover it???

3. 08LancerAnt

Yes Serious08's turbo setup is sweet.......but the warranty will prob cover it all depending on what it is....as long as they dont blame the mods but I still dont want to pay $105 for them to tell me whats wrong with it. My car has 22,000 it should'nt sound like that. Im just trying to find out if anyone else has this problem now or has had this problem and its fixed now

4. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

mine makes a rattle that you can hear loud on idle when revving and first gear. I know it not the oil filter cause its tight, sounds like an exhaust shield, and it really gets annoying to me.

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

one thing warranties dont cover is labor costs

6. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

^ not sure about that my hood release cable broke, they told me about it when they were servicing my car, and they ordered the part for me for free, and labor was free, 3 hours

7. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

anytime something breaks or anything of the sort i always get a service charge no matter which dealership i go to (i go to two one for home one for school)

8. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

^^ that's beat. I have had warranty work done and not a penny has come out of my pocket.

9. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

same. MAF sensor needed to be replaced and they did it for free.. also my driver window motor mount came unscrewed so it dropped like a mofo. and they also fixed that for free. thats prty gay if they dont fix it for free =/

10. 08LancerAnt

yea I gonna see if I can figure it out first before I go to the dealer

11. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

its up to the dealers discression as whether or not they want to do it for free, and to the original poster, have u tried the things people have said? cuz if u havent and still lookin for a solution it would be pretty dumb if the heatshield was the problem and u didnt even bother to tighten it

12. 08LancerAnt

no im trying trying all possible solutions before going back to the dealer.....trust me

13. Ranger026

Ranger026 Active Member

In my car, I actually hear the same exact "rattle" as in the video. Only inside the car, its louder and more annoying. It drives me crazy. I took it to my dealer and one of the service managers told me that it is the heatshield. He also told me that eventually, I would have to bring the car in to get it "readjusted".