Question on Crank Pulley

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by jazket, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Hey guys I've got a question....
    Has anyo of you installed the Aluminum Crank Pulley? and if you have:

Have you felt any difference in performance?

Will it void your factory warranty?

:?

2. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

theres plenty of threads about the pulley look around

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Yes to the install and Yes there is a performance difference in a CVT. I havent tried on the 5speed. As for voiding your warranty, I dont know. If you think it will void your warranty then dont buy it. If you do buy it, keep the oem and everytime you take your car to the dealership, replace the aluminum one with the oem to save you some hassle.

4. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

Doesnt void warranty... if your altenator goes to shit, or your fuel pump goes bad mitsu prolly wont cover it if they see that pulley.. but if anytihng major happens.. like ur franny goes bad your warranty is still good.. mitsu has to prove that the pulley caused the prob for it not to be covered under warranty.. uhm... it helps out a lot with 1st and 2nd gear.. mainly 1st... lots more pull... also 5th and 6th gear actually have pull when your on the high way.. I remember before I installed the pulley 6th gear had nothing to it.. 5t had a little.. but it was basically no pull... when im on the high way now with the new pulley i actually pick up speed in 5th and 6th.

hope this helps.

5. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Besides helping me you actually scared the crap out of me lol
    Nah but its not like a freakin pulley will screw up your fuel pump... Also I dont know about the gears change, dont think CVT actually goes anywhere

i think ima buy it anyways :)

6. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Your logic is what keeps the economy alive. :eek:ccasion5:

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

LMAO!!

8. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i was thinkin about buyin it too, but i was wonderin if any other companies r makin anything comparable

9. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

the pulley in terms is a really good upgrade i have the five speed and its alot more peppy,alot less bogg,its worth the buy and time to install.

10. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Hey man,

Going to be installing my pully in about an hour or two... just gotta help my friend replace his upper and lower control arms on his S-10 first.

Ill write back tonight and tell you how it feels on my CVT.

As for the warrenty.... Gernerally it cant void your WHOLE warrenty, but if you have an engine problem they might not fix it.

I talked to my dealer last week about upgrades and he said that Mitsubishi will not honor your warrenty if the malfunctioning part has any aftermarket modifications to it... ie, if you put a performance part on the engine and the engine goes.. your outta luck.

He said Mitsubishi even put it in the manual.. one of the first pages. He said Mistu doesnt want to honor a warrenty, so thats thier out. He also said that every Mitsu dealer has digital camera, and if you come in with a problem, they snap photos of any modifications and send them straight to mitsu.

In the end he said to do what you want, but if you ever have a problem just make sure that you remove and modifications related to the problem before you bring it in.

11. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Yeah man I'll appreciate your review on that. bring it up once you're done with your CVT :)

I'm waiting on my Fujita SRI now and wanted to buy and Overninght ship the Pulley so I can install everything on saturday, but let's see what happens.

12. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

OK,

First things first... it was the upper and lower ball joints my friend needed my help with on his 2000 4x4 S10......And if someone ever asks you to help with that... just run for the frickin hills man... and dont look back. It took foever to change those freaking thing out... geez, lol

Well, after that feasco, it was time for my pully... and what a dream to put in. Took about 25 mins start to finish with no problems or snags. I can tell you that theres no way Mitsu will see that thing installed unless they are looking for it. The plastic side guard totally covers it up, so unless they remove the side piece, they'll never be the wiser.

As far as performance goes... (keeping in mind I have a CVT)

I would say that it definitly gives your car more pep and it responds faster when hitting the gas. The RPMs climb a bit faster in sport shift mode then it normally did with the stock pully. The car feels overall lighter and Im happy with this upgrade.

13. eTXlancer

is it actually smaller than the oem or is it just lighter?

14. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

pretty sure they are the same size but it is lighter

15. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

it is machined out of aluminum Vs. Steel

*taken from RRM's website.

16. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

I have a cvt with the lightweight pulley, and yes u do feel a difference from the get-go. Im pretty sure it does not void the warranty, after all its just a bolt-on.

17. eTXlancer

as everyone has said you do feel a difference so thats good. i just think it would be better if it was a little bit smaller than the stock pulley,because i used to have a truck w/ a 350 v8 w/ an "under drive pulley" and it was the shit (sorry if were not supost to use such terms, but it was)

18. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great info Wasper.

Heck I'm buying it; I was hoping to gain more HP from things think but if doesn't heck at leat it'll make the car feel better at driving. I think this pulley plus the 22m sway bar and the intake will do just fine :)

I just hope I never have to take it to the dealer or at least not too soon lol.

19. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

guys please search before posting thread like these, there is al lot of them about the RRM pulley, THREAD LOCKED...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.