Question about intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by FF7DarkCloud, Aug 22, 2007.

1. FF7DarkCloud

FF7DarkCloud Well-Known Member

hey, i know my fair share about cars and everything but i still gotta learn alot about them, i was wondering if the short ram intake was going to be the only design they use in the lancer cause i see other cars with huge pipes with an intake, i was just wondering if that short ram intake is just guna look like any other intake that comes out, stupid question i know haha :lol:

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Its a similar design with the older lancers, I know for a fact, there is a company that is designing a CAI to go along with the SRI

3. FF7DarkCloud

ohh alright, but you said that the cai can go along witht he sri, can you have both at the same time???

4. bras_33

lol, sorry...I meant that instead of just offering the SRI, the company will have a CAI available as well...the CAI is usually longer than the SRI. It makes no sense on having both installed in the engine. Either one or the other.

In my experience, there was no difference in performance except that the SRI sounded better.

5. FF7DarkCloud

ohh alright, hmm well do you have any clue on when the cold air intake would be coming out, and if so how much do u think it would be??

6. bras_33

^it still in the works, so not really sure

7. FF7DarkCloud

alright, well thanks alot for the info ^_^