Question: 2008 Lancer engine swap

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Texas Aggie, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that the Mitsu Outlander motor would fit into the 2008 Lancer but I can't seem to find any information to prove or disprove this. You guys have any ideas?

2. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

If you want a outlander go buy 1

3. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

are you talking about the outlander V6 motor?

4. Texas Aggie

Yes. its the 3.0 6b31 engine.

I don't want the Outlander I just want the motor to make my car faster. And no i'm not going to buy an Evo and blah blah blah. that'll save you from asking that question cuz it seems like that's where it was going.

5. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Well the only thing about an outlander is that it has 2 more injectors and 2 more spark plugs so i dont see how your stock harness would work. But maybe if you find one that matches yours everywhere else, then go for it.

6. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

there was a previous discussion on here or Project Lancer about this. It's an interesting idea tho. If you want a bit more power try the Eclipse 3.6 V6

7. Texas Aggie

I was thinking I would need to replace the harness and such. I gta do my DD on that part.

I didn't know there was a discussion on Project Lancer. I'll have to take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

8. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Why do an engine swap? It just does not make any sense to me, but that's just me. Save the money that it's going to cost to swap engines, and just buy a faster car

9. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

some people just like doing that kind of stuff. it's something that no one has done before and they can say... i did that :D

why put a gsx1000 motor on a go-cart. completely useless as it can't NOT melt the tires off in 1 lap, but its sure fun to watch. ;)

10. RuthlessRides

RuthlessRides Well-Known Member

I might have a 2008 Lancer Evo MR motor for sale?