PZEV!! WTF??1

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Graphite Gray, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Graphite Gray

Graphite Gray Member

I found out I have a PZEV Lancer today. Now I am wondering if that Magnaflow Cat-back I wanted will fit on my gimped car. :(

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

What's so special about a PZEV? I don't know too much about the new Lancers.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Emissions stuff. More emission control...less HP...

4. 1slowlance

Ah. That does suck. Lol.

5. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

6. Graphite Gray

Graphite Gray Member

yeah...it was a shock considering i had my car for two years and never bothered to check what version I had. I pretty much just drove it as a DD until around last thanksgiving, when I decided to get HID's. The stock yellow halogens were annoying me since I couldn't see shit on back roads. I did some research into automotive lighting then, made the jump to HID, which then set off a splurge of research and more modding plans lol....

and here I am. I find out that i have a PZEV car with TWO catalyic converters. A CVT PZEV car. No wonder it lags in first gear and I have no throttle response. Sluggish acceleration. =(

7. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

smog emmisions can s on my d.

8. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Stand on my door???

9. Graphite Gray

Graphite Gray Member

thanks! That looks very tempting lol. Ofc it wouldn't be legal since Maryland joined the Green Team....(damn u California)

but its cheap, ill get a bit of gain since ill be removing the cat, it looks lighter than stock, and its BOLT-ON. I could take it off and revert to stock if i need to take it in for emissions testing... :twisted:

10. 1slowlance

Did you really just say "s on my d"? If you mean what I think you're meaning, I've never heard anyone other than me and 2 of my friends say that. Lol.

11. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

me and my friends like to say L my Bs (lick my balls)

12. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i never herad l my d, i like that one, im probably ganna steal that haha