Pulstar Spark Plugs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by omgitszali, Oct 20, 2008.

1. omgitszali

omgitszali Member

What's up. I'm new to this whole forum so i'm still getting the hang of everything and how it works. I'm not sure if this has been asked before but i kno there's been a lot of debate on whether or not these Pulstar spark plugs really live up to their hype. I was very close to buying them but i got a little bit uneasy because i read that they're not very good and wouldn't help our cars that much. Any inputs?

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

dont bother buying spark plugs for the 9G lancers... i bought a set of NGK double platinum spark plugs and when i went to go put them on i found out that our stock plugs are iridium which are as good or sometimes better than even double platinum ones... i dont know what kind the pulstar ones are but i would save the money and put it towards somethine else if i were u....

3. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

I've read reviews on amazon that a guy with a lancer had his car smoking after he installed pulstars with the stock gap too.... kinda scary and not worth it.

4. johntango

johntango Active Member

5. omgitszali

omgitszali Member

Awesome. Thanks for the replys. I guess i'll just stick to my original spark plugs for now. 'Til then i'm just gonna look for other mods to do to my car. Any ideas? :lol:

6. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

JTOL boosters.

7. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

if these are gonna be ur first mods go with some simple bolt ons like greddy tic exhaust and an injen intake... rrm headers are always good and the pulley isnt a bad idea.. thats mostly performance.. if ur looking for exterior id go with some coilovers.. just my 2 cents tho

8. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

i was curious about this myself... but a little hesistant to by because it sounds to good to be true

9. Targetech

Targetech Member

unless u put on something that seriously alters the dynamics of the motor and computer system (ie. turbo, new cpu, reflash, etc.) just keep putting in what you take out (oe plugs).
    otherwise u could throw off your ignition control and possibly set an mil and actually run worse

10. Dabrits

Dabrits Well-Known Member

always stick with the metal that the OEs are. But NGKs are always really good quality. So if the manual says iridium, go for NGK iridiums.

11. medic

medic Well-Known Member

Modified mag just did the pulsestars on a lexus is250 and they did add a few hp per the dyno. I think as long as you gap them correctly they should be ok. That being said I wouldn't do the plugs as a starting point for modification.