pulley?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by dizzle, Mar 16, 2010.

1. dizzle

dizzle Well-Known Member

for those of you with the pulley... will putting this on my car void the factory warranty?

2. LiX

LiX Well-Known Member

If there is a problem it will void your warranty. Read this first before buying it!

3. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Not worth the $$$. Will give you NO increase in performance, so you would pretty much be throwing money in the garbage.

4. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Not even close to answering his question....

dizzle:

Do what LiX said and read that information. Also, do you go to the dealership for all your service? Or just when you would need something done under warranty?

If you would only go to the dealership when you need warranty work done, then just switch out the pulley before going to the dealership.

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

the pulley does help. think about this, your engine has less resistance when running because of the weight difference

6. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

Stock pulley weighs 4lbs...rrm's is 1lb with a strengthened sleeve...might not gain much horsepower but you will have improved throttle response. I went in for some recall and my dealership never said anything *shrugs*

7. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Ok... To answer OP's question, the dealer could absolutely deny warranty repairs if they thought the pulley was at fault. The dealer cannot "void warranty" for any aftermarket part. They can only deny warranty repairs.

To others thinking of paying for a pulley, think about this. There is NO difference in power what so ever!!!! Why spend the money when you cannot even notice it? People will say all day long that there is a better "response" with the pulley, but I will tell you now from personal experience that there is NOTHING different. Sure it is lighter than stock, but all of the other pulley are all still stock which will drastically reduce any improvements in resistance. Save your money and get yourself something that you might notice!

Remember, this is MY opinion so take it as you want.

8. dizzle

dizzle Well-Known Member

thanks for all the comments and links. from what i can tell it's probably just not worth the trouble for the minimal decrease in resistance. i'm just looking for some good engine mods, besides the turbo, that will help get more horsepower to the wheels. 152 at the crank is crap... but i would be somewhat content with 152 at the wheels.

9. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

in that case pulley, exhaust, headers, NOS (jk)

10. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

LOL @ Devil. ^^ do simple bolt-ons. You may not notice a difference in response or power if you do a single mod...but when you get a combination of mods that work well together, you will see and feel gains.