Pulley & Warranty question???

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by EBlancerGTS, Aug 22, 2008.

1. EBlancerGTS

EBlancerGTS Well-Known Member

I have to go to the dealership next week for scheduled maintenance, but i'm wondering if problems may arise because I have the RRM pulley installed. Could they be jerks if they see it and tear up my warranty or is that only in a case where if I was having problems and they could blame it on the pulley.

2. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

just depends on ur dealer. mine overlooks the mods cuz i know them pretty well. some arent so nice. and they bug the EVO guys more than us anyways

3. EBlancerGTS

EBlancerGTS Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the pulley is stuffed up along the side anyway with the nice little splash guard covering most of it. If anything my girlfriends uncle is a GM for the dealership chain so i can always give him a buzz if they start giving me crap.

4. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Lancer Well-Known Member

Well when i talked to the guys at my dealership they told me that CAI, exhausts, and anything after combustion in the engine usually dont void your warranty. Also my cousin is a mechanic who owns his own shopso he is always helping me out.

5. bdan88

bdan88 Member

Re: Pulley & Warranty question???

Isn't the CAI BEFORE the combustion process? anyway, basically any mod will void your warranty but there are ways around it. Lets say you get tints on your car. They cant void your warranty for an engine problem. Same way they cant void your sound system warranty for installing a new exhaust. Basically the dealership needs to be able to provide proof that the installed aftermarket mod directly affects the part you want fixed.

For more information read into the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act
    http://www.pt-tuning.com/policies/Magn-Moss-Act.html

6. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

Re: Pulley & Warranty question???

its just maintenance, not repair...i dont think theyre going to void any warranty...UNLESS they noted on their database that you have all those stuff in their then when you go for repair...you might get screwed by them...