problems with sr air intake in lancer es 2009

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by julz20, Dec 31, 2008.

1. julz20

julz20 New Member

i have a 2009 lancer es sport and i wanted to upgrade the air intake i shoppped around and i bought a fujita sr intake and got it installed after driving like 3 hundred miles the engine service soon light turned on and i read the code and it was p0171 (running lean) i dindt know what to do so i took it all off and put back my original air intake and the light didnt turn on anymore this first attempt was done by me :p.

i waited a couples of wks and took it to a shop so i could get it installed right since i thouhgt i didnt do it right so they installed it and again after like 250 miles the light came back up :-( and i went there and they read the code and it was the same p0171 anyways at the shop they didint knmow what to do so i decided to put back the original one and the light hasnt turned on again

can someone help me finding out why this is happening? do i have to tune the fuel pressure and amount from the engine computer?

thanks a lot

2. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Its the Fujita SRI that you bought. Everyone that bought it had the same problem.

3. julz20

julz20 New Member

really? so its not gonna work no matter what?
    whats the best option to buy?

4. Keeeent

Yeah, its Fujita. Well, if you want another SRI you should go with the K&N SRI. But if you want to try a CAI, you should go with Injen. (I have it, and I love it. I get a lot of compliments on the sounds) If you have Manual you should try the AEM CAI.

5. kingklay

kingklay Well-Known Member

Why the AEM CAI rather than the Injen if you have a Manual??

6. Keeeent

I said, you SHOULD try the AEM cause I've heard good stuff about it. I have the Injen CAI and I love it.

7. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

up until this car. i have always used AEM SRI and i loved them. wish they would make one for our cars, that will work on manual and cvt.