possible to make a lancer 2008 sound like an evo ?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by sunstealth, Jul 19, 2008.

1. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

is it possible to make them sound alike ? because beside the turbo and lower compression ratio the 4B11 is the same engine so it should sound pretty much the same no ? (do the dual exit affect the sound ?)

thats the sound im talking about and trying to achieve

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=9FxL4vR3to8

[unl]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ruQRlNgfJW4&feature=related[/url]

2. freakingwilly

freakingwilly Member

Straight pipe, no cat, dual exit muffler. Having a turbo boosts the output as well. You could do it, but it isn't street legal and you'd fail emissions.

Dual exhaust is actually quieter than a single exhaust, but a single exhaust isn't as free flowing as a dual. You'd get more HP with a dual exhaust, but more torque with a single.

3. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

man that sounds nasty not in a good way

4. ItsJordan

ItsJordan Well-Known Member

I know this is a noob question, but can you make the single exhaust into a dual like the evo?

5. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

if you make our cars into a dual exhaust you can loose to much back pressure and that is also bad. if you don't make the pipes to large then you might have enough back pressure. some back pressure is good. i was always told on a 4 cyl. car you don't want to go any larger than a 2.25 pipe. because you will start loosing horsepower from there not being enough back pressure. so in my opnion you should keep it at a single exhaust, but you know what they say about opinions. there like assholes, everyones got one.

6. lordayne

lordayne Well-Known Member

Our stock pipes are 2". I was told that we can go another 1/2" without losing any pressure, but anything more than that is bad. I have 2.5" pipes on mine with a performance muffler. I have no way to get a sound clip but it sounds nice and the response and performance is great. We all just have to remember that even though our cars are similar to the EVO they are not the same car. Same components but still not the same overall effect. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but want EVO sound, buy an EVO. You should make your car sound and perform as well as possible but still we wont get the same results.

7. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i have the injen ses. i would guess that the pipe is 2.25 or 2.50 with high flow cat.

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

9. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Alvin, where do you find these sources from?

10. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

11. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

OMG LMAO,they really make and sell muffler bearings, :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. ItsJordan

ItsJordan Well-Known Member

Well I didnt want the evo sound, I just like the dual exhaust look, and shit if the evos where not 40k I would pick one up lol :(

13. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

the internet and google. Actually found it by mistake.

14. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

if the evo wasnt around 60k i would have gotten one, dont worry,I just want a more aggressive sounding car cause the stock sound is inexistant,triend magnaflow,vibrand ractive and a old HKS muffler on the car and none of them achieved the sound i am looking for .

15. curtellisjr

curtellisjr Well-Known Member