Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (Race to the Clouds)

Discussion in 'RallyCross, AutoCross, Motorsports' started by gator4life108, Jul 18, 2008.

1. gator4life108

gator4life108 Well-Known Member

First off if anyone is going let me know, I will be there.

But just to let you guys know that there will be 8 EVO's at this years Hill Climb.

I will get some pics loaded up when I get back on Sunday.

If some of you dont know this is the 2nd longest running race in America and one of the most demanding races in America. Cars, Trucks, Dirtbikes, Semi-trucks, buggies and so on.

The race is 12.42 miles long and strarts at 9,000 feet and race up to +14,000 feet. With over 156 turns and grades of 7% .

This years race should be good as there is a purse for $25,000 for whoever can do it under 10 minutes. Last year a japenese suzuki owner "escudo" did it in 10:01:408. Basically a 700 lb suzuki with two turbo charged engines one for the front and one for the rear.

Check out this link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikes_Peak_Hill_Climb

I'll let you know how the EVO's do!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gator4life108

gator4life108 Well-Known Member

Well I just got back from the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb........... next year if you are in the area i recommend that you go........awesome experience that you cannot see anywhere else.

SAD NEWS IN THE EVO WORLD, ONE OF THE EVO DRIVERS AFTER A MILE AFTER PASSING ME ROLLED A FEW TIMES IN A HIGH SPEED CORNER AT THE TOP OF THE SUMMIT AT ABOUT 14,100 FEET. THE WORD I GOT WAS HE/SHE BROKE THEIR SPINE.
    I cant remember which driver it was but they are well known.

Here are pics.

The EVO's did really well on the other hand. We are the 7 mile mark at about 13,000 feet.

I will get videos up as soon as I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]