Piggyback

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Conduct, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

Ok, so I don't know if this is an error on the RRM site, but there are two piggybacks, one 5-speed, and one CVT.

on both descriptions it says:

This ECU add on is designed to maximize the performance of your 4B11 engine. Expect 6+ foot lbs of torque from 3500-6500 rpms. We have maximized the fuel curves to better take advantage of basic mods like intake, header and exhaust. PLUS YOU WILL GET BETTER GAS MILEAGE Regardless of mods, this Piggyback unit will increase h.p. for any 4B11 Engine. It is currently available for 5 speed models only. It is PRE TUNED FOR MAX POWER. Installation is an easy 5 wires. Expect serious gains in top end power and more torque throughout the powerband. It is the single most effective upgrade you can buy short of a turbo kit. Furthermore, this unit comes with complete directions for installation and all the necessary hardware needed to install.

Just wanted to figure this one out since I'm debating buying one~

2. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

if i remember correctly the 5 speed version came out first because the RRM crew was having a hard time finding a local guy to lend them their CVT model. (rrm's test Lancer is a 5 speed) Finally after a bit, a guy stepped up and the CVT piggy came out.

You can always wait for a response from Rob or Brian (who both are on this site) but i know there is a CVT piggy available because some members have the piggy's on now that drive a CVT.

3. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

they are just really lazy and copy and poasted the desceiptions....

4. chago

chago Active Member

does anyone has the piggyback already installed?

any feedbacks on performance and installation.

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I was the 5 speed tester for the first piggy. I love it!!! Over on EvoM I posted pics of the install and a review of it.

6. chago

chago Active Member

EvoM

hoa can i get that information that you posted in evom?

7. chago

chago Active Member

Thank you

thank you my friend

8. chago

chago Active Member

Latest

Do you know was is the latest info regarding the warranty if i install a piggy and if rrm has made it easier to hide when installed.

9. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

My dealership tech saw it and said that it wouldn't void the warranty. He hooked up the scanner to the OBD port and it showed that nothing was wrong. When you start playing with timing and things like that, it has a potential to void it. But as it stands, the current RRM piggy won't void it.

RRM leaves it up to the individual to hide the box. I left mine in the open and wired it where "IF" a dealership wanted to give me a hard time, I could remove it within 5 minutes.

10. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Re: does anyone has the piggyback already installed?

just to add another name to the bunch i too have experienced a slight increase in power (especially top end) and also a decrease in fuel consumption.