parts wanted

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by walkertx2008, Dec 7, 2009.

1. walkertx2008

walkertx2008 Well-Known Member

hey guys im looking for ne one who has ne cheap aftermarket parts they are looking to part with, im in warner robins georgia so if your around that area i can even pick up, let me kno thanks guys.

2. stalrev

stalrev Well-Known Member

what parts are you looking for? the reason i ask only certain things from 04-07 models will fit on the 00-03 models, dont want to get your hopes up on something that might not work
    the CAI and the SRI you can build alot cheaper than buying usually if your wanting to do that, if your looking for rims what is your bolt pattern? anyway just hollor anytime on here we will find ya... also can fine me on myspace, twitter, facebook, myonlinegarage, pasnation, carbon8, hincity, and others im always stalrev :)

3. walkertx2008

well the bolt is the 4x114.3, my car is the oz rally edition, and i cant afford ne rims right now unless they are really cheap lol. and wut else do you have? cosmetic and performance wise could you send me a list of wut u have that would fit my car with pics and prices?

4. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

it may seem ghetto but you can find a lot of stuff for our cars on ebay, just go to ebay motors and type in 02-03 lancer and youll get a bunch of stuff, short shifts for like 20 bucks, full exhaust for under 200, and a bunch of other stuff

5. walkertx2008

it might be ghetto but my watch list has over 30 entries for parts on there, that include short shifters, exhausts, lowering springs, and all sorts of stuff lol but i still gotta get the money for it, not to mention waiting for the paypal stuff to go through. but yea ive been checking there alot. but im also looking for parts from other lancer enthusiasts. thanks for the advice though.

6. timschoeliertm

i blacked out my grill with just spray paint and it looks a lot better. thats cheap to do if your interested in something like that
    viewtopic.php?f=74&t=7683
    check it out

7. walkertx2008

thats actually where i got the idea, and i was wondering wut paint you used and did u remove the chrome first or just paint over it? and if u left the chrome on how well does it stand up to the elements and car washes and stuff? thanks.

8. timschoeliertm

i just used some left over spray paint from my friends windshildwasher arms he got a advanced auto, i just did a quicky, next spring im going to redo it, all i did was take it off which was really easy, and then spray it, and its held up great, no chips or anything, but if i where you id get some sand paper to your grill first, so itll hold better, thats what im doing in spring

9. walkertx2008

OK cool, the guy at orielly showed me this paint that he says bonds to the plastic. its a vinyl and plastic paint, he said it should hold up really nicely. i hoping the gloss will look good to, cause im getting the gloss paint specifically because i want the nice gloss to match the cars gloss but we will see.

10. timschoeliertm

he probably gave you plasti dip, thats how a lot of people black out their front ends on their new lancers

11. walkertx2008

no its spray paint, krylon fusion for plastics... he said its really good that it bonds to the plastic.

12. walkertx2008

well the homemade jdm didnt work out i frgt the headlights are sealed so u cant take them apart to paint them. eh oh well.

13. timschoeliertm

you can probably find somebody selling them used if you look hard enough, you might be able to get them around 50